cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDSL - What to expect?

mitchell20
Grafter

MaxDSL - What to expect?

I'm now on day 3 of my 10 day MaxDSL training cycle. Since day 1 my router has remained synced at 8128 and hasn't lost sync (other than manual re-boots of my router). Line stats are 9db for attenuation and 17db for noise margin on the downsteam.

Can I please ask how things are supposed to go. As I understand there are 2 main things that get updated during this 10 day cycle.

1. My BRAS profile - Mine is still at 2000 (which I beleive is normal at this stage?). I understand this 'should' update itself within 10 days automatically?

2. My stable rate - From what I've read this is updated by Plus.net manually once they receive a report from BT?

Which is likely to happen first?

Does the stable rate only get updated once my BRAS gets updated?

Is my download speed effected by what my stable rate says or is it just an indication of what speed I'm likely to get once it gets updated?

Thanks
4 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

MaxDSL - What to expect?

mitchell20
Grafter

MaxDSL - What to expect?

I agree shellsong

Why cannot a mod just make a topic sticky explaining this in a clear and easy to understand way?

It would save mutiple posts and have links going to other posts with more links in them going to even most posts probably ending up where you started in the first place. :idea:
vic_newey
Grafter

MaxDSL - What to expect?

shellsong
Grafter

MaxDSL - What to expect?

Humph!... and he didn't even credit me! :shock: I've got copyright on the idea! Tongue :lol: