cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDSL Problem solved!!

craiglay
Grafter

MaxDSL Problem solved!!

Just heard from one of my referalls who started out with MaxDSL, and their MaxDSL product is solid now. Their connection would drop randomly, more frequent in the evening. They're also nearly 6km from the exchange with most of the cable above ground!!

After raising a ticket and patiently waiting for a reply (They upgraded from Dialup so had an alternate when required) I receive one "standard" checklist and after that was refered to BT who covertly climbed up poles all down the road until they got the "BT had found a fault and rectified it" email. Since then, line attenuation is down, and noise margin now defaults to 10dB and the connection is solid. They still get 1600Kbs sync rate!!

Just two happy +Net customers (i'm not on max mind!!) I had no problems with CS, reply'd within a day and pretty helpful.
4 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

MaxDSL Problem solved!!

Hi

Glad to hear it's all sorted. Max is great when it goes well. Wish BT would sort my line out! Smiley
craiglay
Grafter

MaxDSL Problem solved!!

LOL

"Just badger CS until they raise a fault with BT" I have said elsewhere in this forum...

Seriously I know what BT are like for sorting problems. Just before they have broadband installed they came and removed the DACS box that "never exsisted" for at least 4 years...

At least the engineer was happy and helpful.

Craig
Mand
Grafter

MaxDSL Problem solved!!

Hi

I am CS! Smiley

Fault has been raised but it's just Max craziness, it's 'cos my exchange is made of twigs and straw I reckon. Cheesy Good old BT eh?
craiglay
Grafter

MaxDSL Problem solved!!

Indeed I know!! Hence "LOL"

"Twigs and Straw" you're lucky! We in Norfolk are lucky to have an exchange. Even if we did, we have a shortage of electricity at the moment so I loose sync every power dip which is a few times a day now.

Good old BT!! Lets hope LLU kicks them hard where it hurts and invest in their network. Gigabit anyone?? Cheesy

Craig