cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDSL Forcing Sync Speed down

Firejack
Grafter

How do you force the speed at which your connection syncs with the exchange? Don't have an option in my DSL modem so I'm wondering if you have to request this through Plusnet.
Ever since I got MaxDSL I've never had a stable connection over 3000kbps. Yet each time I reboot my modem I get above 3000kbps even 4000kbps at times and its really unrealible. Seems crazy that my MSR is 2500 but I'm still at this unstable higher rate :roll:
4 REPLIES
tumnus
Grafter

Are you still within your first 10 days? That was happening to me too. My stable rate is 4000kbps and was set at that after about day 4, but it still kept trying to sync higher (like around 5.7mb) which meant that it kept disconnecting in the evenings.

Now I have past my ten days it seems to reconnect at 4288kbps, which appears to be completely stable all day
N/A

Got exactly the same problem, syncing at over 4000 everytime which at the most I've managed a connection for an hour. Normally it's disconnecting every minute or at best 10.

My stable rate is currently 3000 though which is the same as the estimate from the BT line checker.

Also had the same problem with the work account, but one day the sync dropped by 1000 and its been rock solid since.

Si
Firejack
Grafter

I thought I was past the 10 days thats why I asked. Just doubled check and in fact the 10 days are over tomorrow. So maybe then I'll see better stability. Has been annoying this past week or so. A lot of half finished Video calls and none existed gaming sessions. :shock:
Well I'll see what tomorrow brings and report back.
tumnus
Grafter

Well I spoke to soon. Modem is syncing at 5.7mb again and with the SNR at only 2db it will inevitably disconnect in a short while again Sad