cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDSL Brilliant

N/A

MaxDSL Brilliant

All the posts on this forum seem to be very negative towards MaxDSL.

So, I just wanted to say that I've got MaxDSL, and my line sync's at 8mb, and when downloading from usenet I get speeds ranging from 500k to 750k.

I am well pleased with the speeds.
15 REPLIES
N/A

Re: MaxDSL Brilliant

So, I just wanted to say that I've got MaxDSL, and my line sync's at 8mb, and when downloading from usenet I get speeds ranging from 500k to 750k..

Ned, how long after the first upgrade day did you get these high speeds?
Did you get flutuating speeds during teh first few days?
nathan1111
Grafter

Re: MaxDSL Brilliant

All the posts on this forum seem to be very negative towards MaxDSL.

So, I just wanted to say that I've got MaxDSL, and my line sync's at 8mb, and when downloading from usenet I get speeds ranging from 500k to 750k.

I am well pleased with the speeds.

Your the first must be an anomylous response Tongue
Dizzley
Grafter

MaxDSL Brilliant

Good. Glad to hear it littlened. Cheesy
How's your peak hours performance?
N/A

MaxDSL Brilliant

wow! you got some balls havent you

Yeh great for you! BT fucked up my line good and proper, but it so cheered me up yours is OK.

Please, what response were you expecting? Oh thats great?

Get out my face :twisted:
N/A

MaxDSL Brilliant

Please, what response were you expecting? :

maybe more like the ones above your foolish post
N/A

MaxDSL Brilliant

wow! you got some balls havent you

Yeh great for you! BT <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a> up my line good and proper, but it so cheered me up yours is OK.

Please, what response were you expecting? Oh thats great?

Get out my face :twisted:

What I was simply trying to point out was that it's not all doom and gloom, I wasn't trying to rub it in peoples faces.

As for downloading at peak times, I'd say about 300-500k. I don't download during an evening, so I don't really need the high speeds, so I wouldn't notice a descrease in speed too much, however I more or less expect to get around 200k at peak times as I understand the contention issues of the internet.
N/A

MaxDSL Brilliant

Sorry!

Just rather annoyed!!

BT such a crap company to be honest, hide behind there ISP resellers when PlusNET cant do anything.

BT wholesale should have a support line for End Users, because whats going on with some MaxDSL orders is bullshit.
N/A

MaxDSL Brilliant

Sorry!

Just rather annoyed!!

BT such a crap company to be honest, hide behind there ISP resellers when PlusNET cant do anything.

BT wholesale should have a support line for End Users, because whats going on with some MaxDSL orders is <a href="http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/faq.php#1">[censored]</a>.

I agree with your point regarding BT hiding behind the ISP's. I've read alot of posts on this forum where plusnet have got alot of undeserved stick, when the issue has been with BT.
N/A

MaxDSL Brilliant

Littlened - did you have any teething problems at all during the 10 days?
Or did you get straight up to MAX speeds?
N/A

MaxDSL Brilliant

Synced at 8mb, and 7mb at peak times for the first 4 days, however I got 2mb download speeds, on the 4th day at 8pm my stable rate changed with plusnet and I've had fairly consistant speeds since, fast during the day and night, and a little slower on an evening (to be expected).
Community Veteran

MaxDSL Brilliant

Can we please keep this thread on topic please. There are plenty of threads for people to voice thier dissatisfaction with MaxDSL its only fair that those who are happy with it are able to speak up as well.

Chris
amjrobson
Grafter

MaxDSL Brilliant

Thats good to hear.

I must admit that dispite a few teething problems I am overall happy with MAXDSL also.

Before my line stuggled to keep sync and dropped out a few times a week and I was on 1mb and was told there was no way I could get 2mb. My line now syncs at 2.6 which gives me a 2mb download. My line did sync at 2.9 to 3.2 for a while and I was getting 2.5mb download.

I am overall happy with Maxdsl I seem to get a constant 240k download day or night. which is twice as much as before for not extra payment. I cant complain. It would be even nice if I could get my line to sync back up to 2.9-3.2 then I will get 300-320k as I did in my 10 day training period, but you cant have it all.

I know a few other people that were told by the BT checkers that they would expect up to 3mb download they are syncing at 6500 and getting over 500k downloads most of the time also.
chymorva
Grafter

MaxDSL Brilliant

Can we please keep this thread on topic please.

Chris, who was that post aimed at ?

I have just read through this thread and the only post that I felt was off-topic was yours !!

Forums are surely there to generate discussion.
N/A

MaxDSL Brilliant

I'm sure it's frustrating for those for whom MaxDSL doesn't deliver all they'd hoped for, and especially those whose service actaully deteriorates. Because (understandably) forum entries are dominated by those who've got something to complain about, it's very hard for the rest of us to judge whether we lucky ones are in the majority or minority.

I seem to be particularly lucky: not only has my router synched at max speed from the start (despite a BT estimate of 5Mb/s max), and my MSR went from 2000 to 8000 after a couple of days, but it also seems to have cleared an intermittent problem I'd had for some time. This was that HTTP traffic would just stop - SMTP, POP, FTP etc would all continue fine, but no browsing. But after the move to MaxDSL it's fine.

I guess that the lesson is that any change BT make to the equipment can have an effect - for better or worse.