cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxADSL - Where is it?

N/A

MaxADSL - Where is it?

Anyone else noticed how quiet it has all gone on that front? Where are the updates about when it will arrive?

I see PN are still saying in their sales pitch for Premier that "Super-fast 4Mb and 8Mb speeds coming soon."

Now I know there are some poor saps who have been paying more money for this "as yet non existent" service, and some wil be doing it just to get higher caps (sorry, am I allowed to say that C wordHuh).... Evil

But where/when? As usual there seems to be an information void. Cry

Don't get me wrong.. I'm actually one of the happier (??) PN customers but it would be nice if they stopped treating us like mushrooms (ie kept in dark and fed on poo-poo!!). :?

Well PNHuh And please dont send DaveT to answer.. it's embarrassing how he has to field the whole world's queries.. the poor must be close to a breakdown!!! Cry
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

MaxADSL - Where is it?

BT currently plan to start a wider 'open' beta trial in Nov/Dec/Jan when ISPs can connect more customers to the faster speeds. BT are then looking to make it generally available in April 2006. But as always theses date are subject to change and given BT's track record so far probably will.
Community Veteran

MaxADSL - Where is it?

I think we are all waiting for BT on this one - Plusnet and customers alike.

The last we heard was rumours of it appearing early 2006.

Like you say, it's gone a bit quiet, but that's probably because there is nothing to tell? I'm sure if there is anything firm given out by BT PN will announce it.
N/A

MaxADSL - Where is it?

Jeez, so some poor people might be paying for their "faster speed" for a year? OUCH!!! Glad I "downgraded" from my account to the 2Mb account when it was first announced!

Might upgrade if I am still here next year. Was surprised to see I have been here for 2 years or more already!

Hmmmmm I like PN's definition of "SOON" then... :lol: :lol:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: MaxADSL - Where is it?

Well PNHuh And please dont send DaveT to answer.. it's embarrassing how he has to field the whole world's queries.. the poor must be close to a breakdown!!! Cry

Well the comms team has just had a new member added, but I'll answer this one anyway.

As Peter says the market trial is due pretty soon, we're currently working on the finer details of this with BT Wholesale, plus we are still speaking to the LLU suppliers about a possible product there too.
N/A

Re: MaxADSL - Where is it?

Well the comms team has just had a new member added, but I'll answer this one anyway.

As Peter says the market trial is due pretty soon, we're currently working on the finer details of this with BT Wholesale, plus we are still speaking to the LLU suppliers about a possible product there too.

Yaaaargh U only answered that to wind me up Wink

LLU might be interesting... Be are enabling my exchange in DEC but UKO and F2S/Easynet have no dates. Which is a bummer as mine is sandwiched between two other exchanges both of which ARE enabled!
N/A

MaxADSL - Where is it?

What a pickle, and a stinky one too.
N/A

MaxADSL - Where is it?

BT currently plan to start a wider 'open' beta trial in Nov/Dec/Jan when ISPs can connect more customers to the faster speeds. BT are then looking to make it generally available in April 2006. But as always theses date are subject to change and given BT's track record so far probably will.

Surely 4MB must be available before then. ADSL2 rollout at my exchange is April 2006 which can give me 24MB then. Can PN confirm that there will be no upgrade this year as I am paying money (and have been for 5 months) that is wasted without anything back from PN. SErvice is good, information regarding upgrades to paying waiting customers is not!
Community Veteran

MaxADSL - Where is it?

My advice to you is downgrade to the 2Mbs product as the cost to upgrade your speed to >2Mbs is likely to be the normal £14.99 which you will save in 2 months at the lower monthly fee.

PlusNet will be part of the open trial so some customers may see the faster speeds earlier than April 2006, but there will still be a limit on how many PN can put forward for the higher speeds.

In the past, as a new BT product full release date got closer, ISPs were able to put more and more customers on the newer product. I suspect the high speed connections will go the same way with a few initially then more and more as we get closer to April 2006 (which is still a provisional full release date from BT).