cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max'd Today

N/A

Max'd Today

Got maxed today :lol: - modem (BT Voyager 105) conecting at 8.1Mbps - my max stable rate is shown as 2000kpbs.

I appreciate there's a 10 day training period, when should I notice any change in speed?

Thanks
Craig
12 REPLIES
crimsone
Grafter

Max'd Today

Same here - earlier today I synched at about 4500, and now I'm at 448/5696 after I left the connection up for 9 hours or so, disconnected the hardware, and re-synched.

Besides the synch speed though, before seeing any improvement in actual throughput your profile on the PN network needs to be updated (which is apparently an automated process). As such, even though I was MAXed early this morning, I still only have a speed equivelant to a 2 meg line (much like yourself). Quite when the network profile is supposed to update is anybodies guess, but you can check what it's currently set at on this link...

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate
N/A

Max'd Today

I'm into my 3rd day of the re-training, went as low as 100K on day 1 and 2 now it's stable so far at
Downstream 5,683.7 Kbps = 5.6 Mbps

Wink
ady
Grafter

Max'd Today

how do you get "max'd" :S
N/A

Max'd Today

Max'ed today here too Cheesy

Getting

SNR Margin 5.7
Line Attenuation 48.0
Loss of Signal 17
Loss of Frame 0
CRC Errors 59
Data Rate 4512kbps
Latency FAST

But only showing 2000 as the stable rate... oh well roll on day 3!
ady
Grafter

Max'd Today

i have a better SNR than you, and am only getting like 512 Sad
N/A

Max'd Today

yep SNR rate was alot better before being max'ed however, faster the connection is the lower your SNR go's until it reaches around 6 after which your connection CAN start dropping. Its this figure that ultimately governs how fast your line can go.

Oh try posting a request to be upgraded on http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=48043
ady
Grafter

Max'd Today

ahh nice one
N/A

Max'd Today

The stable rate page took a while for to update for me, been maxed since monday and the stable rate page showed 2000Kbps. It has just gone up to 8000Kbps. So give it time. Smiley
N/A

Max'd Today

my stable rate is now 4000Kbps, so it took 3 day as they state for my rate to change. Oh and Im still very happy with max so far Wink
crimsone
Grafter

Max'd Today

Well, my stable rate went up to 4500 earlier this morning, and in one single run of the PN speed tester, I got 3727 kbps, meaning a download speed of 465.88 KB/sec

I've been synching at 8128 since yesterday afternoon though, and I've deliberately reconnected twice - once yesterday night and once just a moment ago, so I would expect my stable rate to increase yet more soon.

N/A

Max'd Today

Well, that's me noticing an improvement now.

Your High-speed Broadband Service Stable Rate

Your current broadband speed is 8000 Kbps

I'm connecting at 8.1Mbps, downloads are at about 4Mbps - hopefully these will improve. I have been told my B-RAS profile is set at 7Mb just now.

BT Speed Test

1095 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

BT's reporting a slow speed of 1Mb

N/A

Max'd Today

This is two speed test's at 6:20am and you can see the difference in speed (nearly double the speed of lst night) - however, BT speedtest still reporting justover 2Mb

BT Speed Test

2436 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

I tried downloading a file from my server as well, that peaked at just over 320kB, it's still an improvement, hopefully the speed will have improved after the initial training period.

Weird that the speedtest.net reports just over 7Mb though?