cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max DSL still at 2meg 11 days and counting

Community Veteran

Is anyone else having this problem? My connection was upgraded 11 days ago now, its still giving me 2meg download speeds. I've done speed tests galore for the past 11 days both through the portal and BT's speed tester

While the PlusNet folk in this forum have been helpful I've had very little help in the way of support from the people who answer the tickets and to be honest some of the responses have down right angered me. I was quite calm and willing to jump through thier hoops at first, but they had the opotunuty to ask me to do more tests when I sent the ticket back during the first few days of the issue. I get the distinct impression that they dont want to raise the issue to BT because its easier for them to just fob people off.

I know these guys have a difficult job sometmes, been there, got the t-shirt, but they seem to go out of thier way to wind customers up at times.

PlusNet are supposed to provide support via Contact Us, time and again in this forum we see people rasing issues here because the people paid to answer tickets in a competent manner can't / wont do this. I'm really apauled by the level of support we see from PlusNet via Contact Us these days. I've been generally happy with the support and overall service from PlusNet for the last 5 and a bit years I've used them but the last month or so has been very trying for me.
72 REPLIES
N/A

my speed 1000% sucks as well and I have been waiting over 15 days. getting really link:censored off with this company

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Removed deliberate attempt at avoiding the swear filter. Please avoid doing this, these are a family forum and younger viewers may be present.]
holdtight
Grafter

Chris ive been in the same position since having had my upgrade done on the 19th and being stuck on a stable rate of 2000 since with no download speed increase at all but my router was synching at max speeds

I have an ongoing ticket in place about this and was getting more ticked off by the day as they were what i can only think ignoring it, the very first answer i got was a cut and paste telling me to check for spyware viruses etc oh please ! i can understand the anger caused by the people who are supposed to be there to help us and its getting worse not better

then low and behold on the eleventh day i have a stable rate of 8000 and downloads are all over the place (4 to 5.5meg) while i suppose its doing what it should of done ages ago

so hang on in there mate as i have a feeling that the ten day settling in period was at best a rough estimate from our friends BT

Bill.
Community Veteran

I've had another response from PlusNet, the main thing more than anything is the crappy responses to tickets from people who clearly shouldnt be allowed near a computer let alone using one to support other users.

The main issues I've got are -

1. That Ive had to wait 11 days now which is iritating

2. The response from tickets is sometimes very slow. On the responses from them on this ticket Ive had -
18 hours
4 hours
17 hours
5 hours
5 hours
20 mins
20 mins is great, however 5 hours should be the maximum time people should have to wait.

3. Non of the answers from PlusNet have featured any logical reasoning or customer empathy at all.

4. They expect me to run a test sometime between mid night and 7am, this is difficult enough for me but how do they expect a little old lady to do this? This is not a requirement of BT and its certainly not going to provide any more diagnosis to my problem.

5. The answers from people at PlusNet support have contridicted the previous answers and had they provided all the information first or second time round the ticket wouldnt be bouncing for this long.

Its point number 4 that concerns me the most, this is totally unreasnable and shows clearly they want to try and stop customers raising faults and to leave them alone. I've done or will do every other thing they ask of me but this one is far from reasonable.
The
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Chris - I've raised your's to BT, will keep an eye on it for you.

Bill - looks like BT have fixed your's, the speed is now showing 8Mbps on our side, if it's not working can you reboot and try it again.

jamieuk - can you run a couple of BT Speedtests at different times of the day and raise it to the support team and they can take a look into it.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Chris, BT reckon it should be fixed tomorrow. If it's still the same Monday (make sure you re-sync) let me know and I'll send it back to them.
Community Veteran

Thanks for the help Dave. I wish some of your collegues would take a leaf out of your book.
SiMania
Grafter

I got upgraded on the same day as Bill and have had the same problem, no download speed increase, I'm synching at 8MB and have had no disconnections but https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate is still showing me at 2000.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Can you try the BT speedtest and see what speed that gives?

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27

if that's below 2Mbps then I'd say the problem is exactly the same in that BT still have you set at 2Mbps on their side at the BRAS.
SiMania
Grafter

I tried this the other day, it was <2MB but will try it again soon.
SiMania
Grafter

Tried it again and got......

3377 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Ah, excellent, looks like the BT side has been done and just needs that to filter through to our side. BT send us updates on speed changes several times a day so it should update either later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Keep an eye on

http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate

as soon as we get the report through that should update to show what the speed is.
SiMania
Grafter

Thanks dtomlinson.
Community Veteran

Hi

Had the same problems, but Im on the 'fantastic' LLU. My speeds have been all over the place from 100Kbps to now I am syncing stabally at 3.1Mbps!! My downloads however are stuck at 2Mbps, suspect my speeds are being throttled somewhere, but my router has also gone belly up, so Im back on the speedtouch modem for the min. Anyone any ideas why Im not getting 8Mbps on the LLUHuh

dtomlinson any ideasHuh?
Community Veteran

How long have you been on LLU?

If it is less than 10 days then you need to wait for that time to go by before your speeds are increased. Unlike DSLMax, with LLU, your speeds are capped at 2Mbs until such time that Tiscali have completed speed tests on your line (normally 10 days), and only then do they inform PN what speed they will allow on the line and PN set that on their system.