cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max DSL: hardware speed vs. +Net Portal speed?

wjharing
Grafter

Hi,

Today I have been maxed, and my speed has already been boosted from 1mb to 2mb. I know many have higher speeds, but I probably should expect 3ish as my max. (which I can live with...)

However, my hardware shows 6mb sync, while plusnet shows a limit of 2mb. Does that mean that Plus.net is capping my speed at 2mb? I understand MaxDSL need to stabilize over the comming days, just want to understand. Cheesy

http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate
Your current broadband speed is 2000 Kbps :?

Netgear Router:
DownStream Connection Speed 6240 kbps Cool
UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps
2 REPLIES
N/A

You need to leave it at least 10 days if you've been maxed, but you have probably been LLU'd, which means your stable rate will be 8000 within 24 hours, and you'll start to get frequent disconnections, packet loss, and high pings...
shellsong
Grafter

If the OP had been LLU'd then the upstream figure would probably have been higher than 448Kbps which is typical MaxDSL so don't don't give them a heart attack, squidgey! Wink

For some reason some people find themselves limited to 2Mbps initially and it can take a while for it to get unstuck. I would suggest you let it ride for a week or two and if it is the same by then start prodding PlusNet about it-- if your router is telling the truth, and I see no reason to doubt it, you could end up with 6Mbps