cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max DSL Upgrade not working

N/A

Hi all,

SInce being upgraded to MaxDSL last thursday I have had very little internet availability.

Initially the DSL light was not synching at all on my old router (Crappy binatone jobby) no matter what I tried. I was lucky in that I work in IT and managed to 'aquire' a brand new Lynksys router to try.

Now with this router the DSL light does synch and I do get internet for about a minute before again the DSL light goes out, have to wait 30 secs it synchs again, get internet for a minute again then disconnects again and this just goes on and on. When internet is on I only get dial up speeds!!!

As you can see this is totally unworkable and really frustrating. After raising a a ticket with PN and them running tests , they found no problem with the line and then stated I would have to wait 10 days before I could raise a call with BT!

As you can imagine I was not happy, I cannot believe BT would allow a loss of service for 10 days for their customers who are upgrading to MaxDSL.

I think I have waited long enough for this problem to be solved and dont think its right that I should wait any longer.

Does anybody have any ideas?
6 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Have you tried it with either the modem or router connected directly into the master socket, with nothing else connected to the line? As it could be a case of something else that is connected causing the problem and this needs eliminating from the equation.
N/A

Have tried a direct connection into the master socket with another filter (had to take the front cover off) but still had the same problem.

Nothing in the house has changed or new addidtional devices added to the telephone system so there is nothing to eliminate from the equation in that sense.
JonathanW
Grafter

Unfortunately, in that case all that can be done is wait for the ten days to end so that we can get a fault raised to BT on your behalf.
JonathanW
Grafter

Actually, just to correct myself here, we can raise a fault for intermittent synch during the first ten days. So I'd suggest bouncing your ticket back to the support team and asking them to look into it again for you.
N/A

But surely the 10 days is the grace period for customers who are working but have yet not attained the correct speeds?

If my Internet is not really working at all, this is a fault, not a grace period or waiting time and this should be repaired asap.

Anyway this problem may not have anything to do with the Max DSL upgrade therefore does not come under this 10 day grace period.

If this is the case why can I not get a BT engineer sooner then the 10 days?
N/A

Ok will do, thanks.