This thread is for ths discussion of this announcement
31 REPLIES
N/A

Max DSL Queue Jumping Update - Discussion

One word - Crumple.
MrToast
Grafter

What is the re-grade ordering capacity without the bulk tool?
JonathanW
Grafter

Without the bulk tool we're down to being able to put through a few regrades a day, after you take into account the new provides that also need to go through to prevent later issues from arising.
N/A

Well thats me well and truly stuffed then....

Gobble Gobble
N/A

Can plusnet say that this is also causing SERIOUSLY stupid speed problems such as This

If not, any ideas why
passer
Grafter

Well - that's almost a relief! We all knew there was a big problem at the BT end, and now at least they're acknowledging it and concentrating on quality rather than quantity. Things must really be spiralling out of control for them to take such drastic action. I love the arrogance of the 20 minutes notice - so typical. I wonder what particular straw broke this camel's back - anybody seen any further information on this?

Ah well - we can all chill for a couple of weeks at least, and of course PlusNet will now have some unexpected resource available to throw at the backlog of more mundane problems. Perhaps come of our regular contributors can look forward to some personalized TLC Smiley
N/A

So how long will it take to finish upgrading the PAYG customers and start on the premier option1 now? It was supposed to take a month to upgrade PAYG but that was almost a month ago so I assume they're nearly finished?
N/A

Hmmm, nice to know you were one of the last to get on the sinking ship, and then only by accident (feel like the chap off Titanic)
Hopefully this is an indication that BT are recognising the problems, and also recognising that they are not isolated incidents.
N/A

Too bad. As a consequence of BT's ineptitude in this maxdsl rollout, and nigh on having no stable connection for on average 10 hours a day for the last two weeks due to it, I've had to spend the best part of this week extricating myself from all ties to my Plus connection: first migrating away all my mysql tables and other webhosting, and then (today) transferring out my Plus hosted domain and email. A massive hassle, but this really is the final straw for me.

Luckily enough for me, I can get cable in my area - NTL may have their own problems, but I've had enough of BT and their dragging of heels on anything that even vaguely resembles progress. Yeah, I'm angry about it, and no, there's probably not anything that Plus can or could have done about it, but I hope that the customers they lose due to this shambles will cause them to get onto BT's case.

Exasperatedly,
Chris
Community Veteran

It was supposed to take a month to upgrade PAYG but that was almost a month ago so I assume they're nearly finished?

Well I've not been upgraded yet and I joined at the end of 2003. I've also put in for a queue jump but only when queue jumpers were beating me to it.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
N/A

Ahh well, now it seems not even the queue jumpers will for the near future.
Obviously confident they can fix it though, if they are to continue putting new users onto it, so perhaps there is hope?
sisgroup
Grafter

I know tell me about it im stuill waiting for my upgrade lol and im on the que-jump list lol :lol:

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
Community Veteran

It also yields one important fact which appears to have been missed:

35,000 upgrades have been done in 7 weeks so with 200,000 ADSL lines, if the same weekly rate is achieved (5000), it is going to take another 33 weeks to complete all the upgrades, thats another 8 months!!!!! (9 with the current delay)

[figures corrected - I can't do maths Shockedops: ]
sisgroup
Grafter

okie poki peter Wink