Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive lag and timeouts using Hyperlobby Game browser/Chat

suec45
Grafter

Guys does anyone else use Hyperlobby?

I am having real problems with it, any coops that people host, I time out and message are taking an age to appear after I press return.

I treid it a few weeks ago, but thought it was having problems.

I have gone back t0o it today and its the same.
13 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Afraid I haven't even heard of it, never mind used it. I can't see a specific rule in the Ellacoya database for it. I'd therefore suggest trying it offpeak and if it's fine then raise a ticket with all the details (including port numbers and IP addresses of any servers if possible) and we can take a look into it.
N/A

Yup, i used to use it for LockOn but haven't installed it yet since a windows reinstall.
Ill get it back on my machine tomorrow and have a look.
N/A

I've raised ticket 21156375 in relation to gaming pings being crippled. I'm mainly concerned with Live for Speed but even Counterstrike suffers.
I can provide server IP addresses in addition to known ports, these high pings are reducing the number of servers I can connect to and as gaming is my primary usage of the internet, this is starting to make me consider my connectivity.
N/A

Ok, ive reinstalled Hyperlobby and at this time of the day (3.15pm) it all seems fine in the LockOn lobby and pings look fine.
I'll test it out in peak time and see if its still ok.

What game are you playing suec45?

EDIT:From what i can tell you need port 1698 TCP opened for hyperlobby

Ill update as soon as i find more info.

Should i raise a ticket or just add them to the port request thread in the gaming forum?
N/A

Just tried Hyperlobby again and indeed it is laggy as hell in chat.
Added the port to the 'Request ports thread'

Ticket 21192452
suec45
Grafter

HI there guys.

I am playing Il2 1946 the new IL2 WW2 game. (amazing flight sim by the way especially for online play.

The link to hyperlobby is

http://hyperfighter.sk/

I will raise a ticket
N/A

ohh..a new IL2 ehh....i haven't been keeping up with things in the flightsim world for a while as racing has taken over my life Wink
I'll be checking it out....maybe ill get to blow you out of the sky in the near future Tongue
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I can provide server IP addresses in addition to known ports, these high pings are reducing the number of servers I can connect to and as gaming is my primary usage of the internet, this is starting to make me consider my connectivity.

Please do, the more information you can provide in the ticket the better as this helps as review the application properly and put it through our change control process.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Should i raise a ticket or just add them to the port request thread in the gaming forum?

Please raise a ticket as that'll go to the network guys to review and update as appropriate. No harm in updating the gaming thread as well so others know you've raised it, but the ticket's the best way to get these raised.
N/A

Done both Dave Smiley
N/A

Recieved a reply to the ticket saying that if the changes are made to the profiles that it wont be done until at least next week due to these processes being on hold.

Its bad enough having to do go through this stupid process in the first place without further delays.

Isn't it about time PN had a rethink on how they go about treating us gamers. Purchasing a game but having to wait for weeks before you can play it is simply not on.

I know i harp on about this subject, but it really is the only major complaint i have with PN at the moment.
I cant be the only one that thinks this system stinks can i?
suec45
Grafter

Hmm still no better, in the evening its atrocious.

In the day its so very very laggy
GersFans
Grafter

Recieved a reply to the ticket saying that if the changes are made to the profiles that it wont be done until at least next week due to these processes being on hold.

Things are getting worse again, not better... :x