cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass slaughter of +Net directors!

N/A

Nope, I'm not suggesting that unhappy customers have taken their anger out on the proud captains of the +Net ship, but rather it is a comment on their official publicity photos!

https://portal.plus.net/investors/company_overview/board_of_directors.shtml

It may be my imagination, but was someone having a laugh by using photos that got taken at the end of a very liquid +Net Christmas party??

- Mike
44 REPLIES
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Hmmm There's a couple of those that I wouldn't want to meet up with on a dark night in a lonley street :shock:

They look most unsavoury :roll:
N/A

I wonder which of them has responsibility for PR, communications and customer relations - since none of them seems to have any relevant experience in their CV. Which could explain a lot...

Simon
N/A

That board needs a whiz kid (Blake Ross?).
Community Veteran

Those directors don't have any actual control over the business. From what I know of PlusNet since it became a PLC they have a 2 tier director structure, the ones in the photos are the top tier and probably the least in touch :p
N/A

That doesn't mean they are not responsible for the company and it's actions. If they are really in control, they should be even more acutely aware of PR situations and embaressing situations.
channel
Grafter

Those directors don't have any actual control over the business.

Hmmm. I beg to differ.

The CEO, the FD and the Commercial Director are included in the list.
Community Veteran

Ah yes, you are correct. Still the higher up the food chain the less they know about real issues that affect the business, or at least from what I can see.

Chris
passer
Grafter

Is it just me, or do they all look like they just took off their ties for the photo-shoot, in order to present a more modern, user-friendly image :lol:
Ben_Brown
Grafter

They don't wear ties, we have no dress code at Plusnet Towers.
N/A

would that "TIE" in with the no customer relations code ? :twisted:
channel
Grafter

There is no strict dress code where I work, either, but I always wear a suit and tie. It projects a certain image of professionalism and competence and has always served me well.

I'm surprised that the PN board don't present themselves professionally to investors in their publicity photgraphs, even if they do choose to dress like slobs when they are hanging out at the office. In those photos they look like they crashed out on the sofa the previous night after a hard night's drinking, only to turn up at the office dishevelled and breathing fumes over their subordinates.

Still, to each his own.
N/A

Biggest understatement I've read for a while.
Metalguru
Grafter

N/A

Well...an interesting spread of replies, eh?

From the tone of my original post, you may guess that I'm no fan of the slaughtered night-on-the-town look! Sure, some people may think that the attempt (and failure) at a relaxed and contemporary style is to be welcomed.

Perhaps it is of value in other businesses, but for an ISP that is struggling to convery 'professionalism' through its actions, I would have thought that a more conventional and formal style would give a small but desperately needed boost!

With all the talk about LLU, and the clear frontrunner as an LLU partner being EasyNet, perhaps we can look to them as a reference for what is appropriate for the industry...

http://www.easynet.net/pressoffice/pressoffice_images.asp

- Mike