Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Upgrades Info

thekitesociety
Dabbler

Mass Upgrades Info

Saw the following on ADSL guide from Ben

If your exchange was due to be upgraded in April or May and you haven't been upgraded yet, and you have had your account with us for some months now it is likely that your line is already at the fastest speed it can support. For more recent bulk upgrades we have been able to contact you via email to inform you if the regrade has been successful or not.

I am sure I am not alone in wondering what this means as my exchange was due in May and nothing. Nothing from PN, no change to the line.

Stats look good for 2MB and the infamous BT checker says up to 2MB.

So, do we simply assume that if you were due in April or May and nothing has changed then tough? Despite other sources saying ok?

Also, on a minor note, why wasn't the same posted here - at least I have not seen it.
22 REPLIES
N/A

Mass Upgrades Info

Check out http://www.samknows.com. There seems to be a bit more info there.
N/A

Mass Upgrades Info

same here, so if I presume correctly that I can only recieve 512 KBS even samknows and BT linechecker says I can recieve 2MB line?

I'm confused can I get 1 or 2 MB or am I stuck with 512KBS?? Maybe if I upgrade to premier I will get 1/2MB regrade. Currently still on home self-install monthly (Regrade was due in April). My exchange is EACAM

I'm SO confused ...
N/A

Mass Upgrades Info

Just remembered something was stated last week. If the VP's at your exchange are Red then that can delay your upgrade. (Maybe) :?
N/A

Mass Upgrades Info

My Exchange is not RED ... I hope someone from CS Team can clarify the situation

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed as it was just a copy of the preceding post and not needed.
N/A

Mass Upgrades Info

The statement by Ben worries me as I am only approx 80 meters from the exchange and my ADSL figures should support any speed possible.

My exchange was scheduled for upgrade in April although required multiple visits. Details are below:

Exchange: WWSAUS
DSLAM-ID:SAJ-ADSL101

My exchange has been green since April in terms of capacity so I would certainly appreciate some clarification on Ben's statement.

Darren
N/A

Mass Upgrades Info

Interesting, End May, http://www.samknows.com says for me, but not yet.
N/A

Mass Upgrades Info

They're just spinning stories to make people stop asking why they didn't get their upgrade on time and of course....people will believe it. Now comes the times of countless stories of people saying "but I'm right next to the exchange AND my stats are well within 2mb guidelines" followed by PN doing a check and saying "ah yes, you are capable, but you'll have to spend £15 now as your exchange has already been done *cough*"

The last bit maybe a stretch (PN MIGHT give it free to those who query! aha...) but the first part about spinning lies to get people to stop asking? Very feasible right now.
N/A

Mass Upgrades Info

If BTW have done the upgrade, then your line should sync at the highest speed BTW considered would be stable.
All the PN can control is the throttleing at their end, so if your router/modem says its at 512Kbs, then surely that means that BTW havent upgraded you yet, or that you are already at the highest possible?
I guess you have tried powercycling your router/modem to check that you still connect at the same speed?
thekitesociety
Dabbler

Mass Upgrades Info

The thing is, all sources say line can have 2Mb. Except Plusnet - IF (and I emphasise this) what Ben has said is correct, eg if you were due in April or May and have not had the upgrade done then your line cannot be upgraded.

Someone with some power must be able to find out what exchanges have been done and completed from the April/May list. Maybe someone can check if my line has been attempted.
N/A

Mass Upgrades Info

The thing is, all sources say line can have 2Mb. Except Plusnet

If Plus Net are saying that it is because BT have told them that.
Plus Net cannot access exchanges or telephone lines.

I do know that at least one of our clients failed to get their April upgrade because BT for some reason forgot to do it.

At the end of the day, Plus Net ask BT to upgrade x number of customers after that it is up to BT. ISP's are out of the loop at that point untill BT let them know if the upgrade has been done.

Plus Net are not deliberately or otherwise stopping any of us getting an upgrade.
N/A

Mass Upgrades Info

Hi,
There was posted, a few weeks ago, a link to enter info if your connection/exchange had/had not been upgraded, so users could check if other users on their exchange had received the 'free' upgrade.
BUT I dont know where it disapeared to ,I cant see it in user tool etc, Perhaps BB or DT could give us a pointer where its hidden (a Sticky and make it prominent) so that we can easily see if any lucky people on our own Exchange is yet upgraded.Huh

Growler39 :roll:
EASUD SUY-ADSL- Start April (unknown if any other +N user has had free
upgrade on this exchange) still at 512k,well 471to be precise.
C100
Grafter

Mass Upgrades Info

Well my exchange was due in April and it wasnt showing as RED. I gave in yesterday and paid my £15 and was regraded to 2mb without ANY issues.

Im happy that Im now at the fastest speed, but Im a bit peeved that Ive had to pay for the regrade.

BT should be ashamed - such a shoncky service is nearing fraud !
holdtight
Grafter

Mass Upgrades Info

Geoff the link you are looking for is Here
thekitesociety
Dabbler

Mass Upgrades Info

If Plus Net are saying that it is because BT have told them that.

Good - in that case Plusnet can tell me, and others in the same boat, that the upgrade has failed and the reason why.

Plus Net are not deliberately or otherwise stopping any of us getting an upgrade.

You are probably correct. But information is sadly lacking for people who have been waiting patiently for the free upgrade.

Of course without any response from Plusnet here (maybe they are busy at ADSL Guide instead) we will never know.