cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mand, they are letting you down again

winnipeg1823
Grafter

After raising a question, and it not being answered, Mand very kindly got involved and replied promptly on a couple of occasions.
Then the problem was taken over by another member of staff, who asked a question of me, I replied three days ago, and I am still waiting for a reply.
If Mand and others who come on here can deal with matters quickly, why do other members of staff find it so difficult
29 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi,

I've responded to the ticket for you, let me know if I can help any further.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

thanks Mand, its just a shame that others cannot be as prompt as yourself.
I have some new filters on order, so will reply to the ticket then.
Again many thanks
N/A

winniepeg,

Its not that other members of staff dont want too. Its because there is a sheer massive volume of tickets. I am sure that other members of staff would love to have all the tickets answered ina matter of minutes, but its an unrealistic event that will never happen.
The comms team on the other hand can deal with specific tickets whilst doing the rest of their day to day work, and with the ever reminding forum there as a reminder, it creates an illusion to the customer that the rest of Plusnet simply cant be bothered.

Remember, the CSC have to take calls also Wink

Regards,
Community Veteran

Its not that other members of staff dont want too. Its because there is a sheer massive volume of tickets.

A few weeks ago there was much 'drum beating' about the fact that after the efforts over a bank holiday weekend the time for tickets to be answered was much reduced and at a 'manageable' level.

So what changed since then?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

We have had a backlog for some weeks now. The huge bank holiday effort cleared the backlog, however the following week we had email problems, and the LLU issues, which ramped the volume right back up again. Since then we have been working to keep the tickets at a manageable level.

The CSC guys are working incredibly hard, and there are more in training. However, if we can answer an issue which has been ongoing for some time, it is better for everyone to do so.
N/A

SW,

the change I suppose is that the quicker tickets are answered, the quicker users end up creating new ones or sending them back with a request for explanation etc.
Dont forget, bringing the level of tickets down isnt meant in the term of "Closed" but simply as "Requires Customer Response". I for one would hope that something can be initiated to help reduce the level of tickets open in the system, so that response times can be brought back to what we knew them. But in order to cure the problem one needs to establish a possible fix.

Regards,
N/A

When they aren't hiding behind the IVR equivalent of Alcatraz Wink
N/A

:lol:

Ahh dont forget the new number now...."Broadband Faults Helpline". We now have 2 numbers in play. Ill probably regret saying this, but I wonder how long ittl be before we have to use a second ticket system also :p ::runs::
N/A

Hey, I once joked about having a premium rate number for tech help - look what happened. Cry
N/A

winniepeg,

Its not that other members of staff dont want too. Its because there is a sheer massive volume of tickets. I am sure that other members of staff would love to have all the tickets answered ina matter of minutes, but its an unrealistic event that will never happen.
The comms team on the other hand can deal with specific tickets whilst doing the rest of their day to day work, and with the ever reminding forum there as a reminder, it creates an illusion to the customer that the rest of Plusnet simply cant be bothered.

Regards,

They take calls? are you sure? I've never managed to speak to anyone at plusnet on the phone. I thought all the desks had been removed and replaced with bulk loads of automated telephone systems Cheesy
N/A

Hi there,

We have had a backlog for some weeks now. The huge bank holiday effort cleared the backlog, however the following week we had email problems, and the LLU issues, which ramped the volume right back up again. Since then we have been working to keep the tickets at a manageable level.

The CSC guys are working incredibly hard, and there are more in training. However, if we can answer an issue which has been ongoing for some time, it is better for everyone to do so.

Surely it follows that while you continually have problems with your network the volume of tickets is never going to drop.
Despite constant reassurance that things are improving (call waiting times down, tickets being responded to quicker) there is NO sign of this at all from the customers side.
I have tried getting through to CS today regarding an ongoing gaming problem....i gave up after 30 mins. an average wait time of 8 mins is what i read yesterday. Its simply a lie.
My ticket has remained ignored for 36 hours, average response time is stated as being 17hrs (far too long as it is) quite frankly its just another made up figure.
These forums are getting worse by the week for complaints..not better.
Im sick of hearing the same old rubbish excuses and how 'things are improving'
Its about time PN backed up their words with actions. Actions that the customer can actually see are working.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

tomspcs, do you think that three days without a reply, when its plusnet who asked ME the question is a reasonable response. Remember, whilst we are waiting for them to answer, the original problem still remains.
The only times I have got quick, and correct advice is when the four or five regular members of staff on this board have got involved.
There are far to many instances reported of people waiting weeks for replies, we keep being told that it will improve, and more people are being trained etc, but in reality nothing has really improved for months.
N/A

The only times I have got quick, and correct advice is when the four or five regular members of staff on this board have got involved.

Thats my experience as well..and whilst i appreciate the bloody hard work these four or five regulars do, its a sad state of affairs when this is what PN customer service comes down to.
And tbh..i cant even get a response from a PN staff member on the forums at the moment, not even an acknowledgment that they are even looking into the problem.
I cant remember a company that i have EVER dealt with that caused so much frustration to its customers. Has anyone here got any hair left? :lol: Wink
craigbrass
Grafter

When they aren't hiding behind the IVR equivalent of Alcatraz Wink

I have yet to find the purpose of the call routing. You always get routed to the same pool on the 1400 200 number don't you? I have found that anyway.