cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management

N/A

Management

I have just received another email saying I am now on Level 2 Management. Why? It is my billing day today, the script has run and sent me the notice of my direct debit payment, my usage for SUP for the month has been reset. Why has my Management not been reset?

Even the email states that "Your Broadband service will continue to be managed until your next billing date at which time peak-time usage management will be removed".

That is, until my next billing date, that is today??

These is even a service ticket raised 2 hours later saying my bandwidth usage has been reset??

Jon
7 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Management

Due to the traffic management currently being a manual process, it can take a little while for your profile to be reset back to clean. This is also why you received the email today, as it would be counting your usage up to and including this morning, before you were actually billed.
N/A

Management

Thanks, but whats "a little while", hours, days or weeks?
JonathanW
Grafter

Management

Generally you should be reset within twenty four hours.
N/A

Management

within 24 hours, you'll be lucky m8
Neil_A
Grafter

Management

Hi there,

Incedentally when we say 'within 24 hours' its worth noting that we actually run the reset scripts up to 4 times per day now, so customers usually get reset far quicker than 24 hours.

Thanks
N/A

Management

How abouts only monitoring a users bandwidth usage once the management has been reset?

That way it's fair on the user (as it isn't cutting in to their months subscription with an already slowed-down connection) and acts as an incentive to get PlusNet resetting the management so as transfer can start to be counted? At least up until the automated system is in action.
paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Management

24hours - you must be joking - as I already mentioned in another thread my billing date was the 19th and I'm still being throttled

Paul