Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management: What are your Incentives?

N/A

Management: What are your Incentives?

Dear Management

Please also refer to my posts here:
http://portal.plus.net/central.html?action=new_forums&forum_action=display_topic&topic_id=4455&displ...

So you have decided to roll back? Thanks, great decision! I suspect that the number of customers that you are irratating now(due to slight performance issues) is substantially less than the number that were furious with you over the last 48hrs. Certainly works great for me.

On friday at 10am (after 4hrs of outage for me) I asked one of your CSC staff whether it wouldn't be wiser to roll-back and try again after studying the upgrade issues more closely. I was told that it would be much slower to roll-back and that would also necessitate another outage in the future. Well I guess 48hrs later it looks a little different.

Throughout this fiasco, I get the impression that you had:

* not accessed the impact of the change
* no clear idea of what the problem was when it all went wrong
* were randomly trying to replace, supposedly failed bits of hardware to get us all going.
* were dealing with a new network architecture with which you had little experience and were therefore mostly in the dark

Meanwhile you were annoying thousands of your users. Were we the guinipigs of your upgarde? Certainly feels like it. So why decide to roll-back after 48hrs. Why didn't you just carry on until it was fixed. Annoying 1000s of user for a couple of weeks doesn't really matter does it? The Terms and conditions say that there may be outages, so you can keep us suckers without a connection for as long as you like and still not have to pay compensation. ha ha!

So you have demostrated to me that you:

* have a lot to learn about doing smooth upgrades
* have a suspect decision making process about when it is time to stop playing with hardware and start providing a service
* have no incentives to improve

Will you make a comittment for a maximum outage time at the next upradge, beyond which you will pay compensation? If you did, I suspect, somehow, magically the upgrade will be complete before that cut-off time, or you will roll-back before that time. Rolling-back is OK. Forget about the pride of your engineers and that shiny new piece of hardware that is not being used now. We are happier now than 12hrs ago. You can always try giving your engineers a book to read on how that shiny new thing works, while we are happily using our connections. And when they think they've got it sussed, you can give them another shot at it.

So how long will it be? How long will you disconnect us next time, for that upgarde? 1hr? 4hrs? 24hrs? 48hrs? 3 weeks?....Well, of course, hopefully, it'll all go smoothly next time. Indeed, hopefully! But what if it doesn't, even more importantly, what is your commitment to us that will put in place the incentives to make sure it goes smoothly??

BTW, you can put the light back to green now. It was always on green in this network configuration before so why has that changed? Is your pride hurt that the new hardware is not being used so you feel like the light should be yellow? Really.....

Regards

Oliver Schonrock

I will be copying my posts on this forum, to the ADSLGuide as your potential new customers, deserve to be properly informed about your decision making process.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Management: What are your Incentives?

The decision making process at +net is probably akin to a primary schools paint party with no responsible adult present to supervise the young infants.
--
Reset
N/A

Good Morning,

Hi,

First, let me apologise for any problems you have had with our service lately, this has obviously not been our intention. The upgrade work is to improve the network you use and we hope to give you one of the best networks the UK ISP market has to offer. This, as with most major network upgrades, has not gone totally as originally anticipated. For this reason the decision was made to roll-back the changes and re-assess the situation before continuing any further with the work.

Please keep an eye on our Service Status page for further details regarding this subject.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

I'll wait for the day that Plusnet provides the best connection Smiley)

Also everyone should realize by now, the customers do not matter, I don't care what rubbish the support people come back with, at the end of the day the service is OK when it is working, but on the many occasions it isn't it is tough shit!

> Dear Management
>
> Please also refer to my posts here:
> http://portal.plus.net/central.html?action=new_forums&forum_action=display_topic&topic_id=4455&displ...
>
> So you have decided to roll back? Thanks, great decision! I suspect that the number of customers that you are irratating now(due to slight performance issues) is substantially less than the number that were furious with you over the last 48hrs. Certainly works great for me.
>
> On friday at 10am (after 4hrs of outage for me) I asked one of your CSC staff whether it wouldn't be wiser to roll-back and try again after studying the upgrade issues more closely. I was told that it would be much slower to roll-back and that would also necessitate another outage in the future. Well I guess 48hrs later it looks a little different.
>
> Throughout this fiasco, I get the impression that you had:
>
> * not accessed the impact of the change
> * no clear idea of what the problem was when it all went wrong
> * were randomly trying to replace, supposedly failed bits of hardware to get us all going.
> * were dealing with a new network architecture with which you had little experience and were therefore mostly in the dark
>
> Meanwhile you were annoying thousands of your users. Were we the guinipigs of your upgarde? Certainly feels like it. So why decide to roll-back after 48hrs. Why didn't you just carry on until it was fixed. Annoying 1000s of user for a couple of weeks doesn't really matter does it? The Terms and conditions say that there may be outages, so you can keep us suckers without a connection for as long as you like and still not have to pay compensation. ha ha!
>
> So you have demostrated to me that you:
>
> * have a lot to learn about doing smooth upgrades
> * have a suspect decision making process about when it is time to stop playing with hardware and start providing a service
> * have no incentives to improve
>
> Will you make a comittment for a maximum outage time at the next upradge, beyond which you will pay compensation? If you did, I suspect, somehow, magically the upgrade will be complete before that cut-off time, or you will roll-back before that time. Rolling-back is OK. Forget about the pride of your engineers and that shiny new piece of hardware that is not being used now. We are happier now than 12hrs ago. You can always try giving your engineers a book to read on how that shiny new thing works, while we are happily using our connections. And when they think they've got it sussed, you can give them another shot at it.
>
> So how long will it be? How long will you disconnect us next time, for that upgarde? 1hr? 4hrs? 24hrs? 48hrs? 3 weeks?....Well, of course, hopefully, it'll all go smoothly next time. Indeed, hopefully! But what if it doesn't, even more importantly, what is your commitment to us that will put in place the incentives to make sure it goes smoothly??
>
> BTW, you can put the light back to green now. It was always on green in this network configuration before so why has that changed? Is your pride hurt that the new hardware is not being used so you feel like the light should be yellow? Really.....
>
> Regards
>
> Oliver Schonrock
>
> I will be copying my posts on this forum, to the ADSLGuide as your potential new customers, deserve to be properly informed about your decision making process.