cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed "BadBoys"

qorn
Grafter

Managed "BadBoys"

The decision to move the "BadBoys" over to a managed part of the PlusNet network with High Latency, etc was P*ss poor!
PlusNet should have routed ALL P2P, Newsgroup, Tourant, etc Trafic through this Managed part of the network to ensure that the QoS on the main part of the network was maintained at a high level. It isn't hard to download 100Gb+ a month, the only factor is the cost and time of burning all the data to DVDs.
PlusNet advertises there "Unlimited" Packages as "Unlimited, all you can Download connections"
NOT
"Unlimited, but a p*ss poor allmost useless connection if you download more than 100Gb a Month"
Now I'm not a person in law but this looks like a case for Trading Standards.

This is not fair on anyone PlusNet, Stop chatting about your options in the smoking room and start asking your customers for ideas. Use the polling system for isues like this, rather than asking for pointless questions like "Have you entered our competition YetHuh"
Clued up PlusNet users are willing to give you ideas and help solve this issue.
Lets be honest 10,000 PlusNet users is better than a 20 PlusNet staff.
This issue might be only affecting 240 users, but this could sent PlusNet out of business.
20 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Re: Managed "BadBoys"

Now I'm not a person in law but this looks like a case for Trading Standards.

Neither am I - but you buy a contended product (50:1 or 20:1) and that is what you get. As long as it runs at > than that contention, then you are still getting the product you are paying for.
N/A

This issue might be only affecting 240 users, but this could sent PlusNet out of business.

The danger with asking large groups of customers for their view, is that everyone is going to have a different one. It would be difficult to get a common consensus on the right approach, and as customers we cannot know all the options avaliable that can be implemented.

In order to poll that many people, you would need to provide a series of set questions, and we all know that questionaires sometimes fall short of the mark and are difficult to write, even if they don't appear to be.

In addition, not every Plus Net users uses the forums, so in order for any poll to be fair, you'd have to poll every Plus Net user.
stewarta13wsb
Grafter

Managed "BadBoys"

At 64% vs 24% I wonder if they didn't get the answer they were expecting Cheesy
N/A

Managed "BadBoys"

Am sure the now 65% will be classed as "fanboys" Wink
Community Veteran

This is not fair on anyone PlusNet

It's perfectly fair for the 99.8% (over 80,000) customers who will now not be effected by the download habits of the 240 originally identified.
Clued up PlusNet users are willing to give you ideas and help solve this issue.

Let's be even more honest and say those 20 are likely to have a lot more knowledge of the ISP industry and what is or is not possible than 10,000 ordinary customers.

Plusnet are getting approx 200 new ADSL customers per day and have signed-on over 9000 new customers in the past 3 months. Does not sound like a company 'going out of business' to me.
Alecto
Grafter

Managed "BadBoys"

Looks like the Bad Boys trying yet again to get the ordinary user involved.
And presumably with as much success as before.
Got to admire the persistence, though - I thought this topic had closed long ago.
N/A

Managed "BadBoys"

Dont like it? Leave. Your freinds already have. Your just making a prat out of yourself here mate.
N/A

Managed "BadBoys"

Hi
qorn57 can I ask you a question :?: Are you on the _ _ managed pipe
qorn
Grafter

Managed "BadBoys"

I can say No, I am not on the managed pipe.
My usage is about 30Gb per month, but its the princable
N/A

Managed "BadBoys"

How many more different ways are people going to find, to discuss the same topic over and over again.

What will this really achive? I really feel that it's time that this subject was put to bed and left alone.
Alecto
Grafter

Managed "BadBoys"

They're not different ways - it's just the same thing time after time.
When I something similar a couple of weeks ago, I was told that people have a right to express themselves, even if they've nothing new or meaningful to say.
So presumably we just have to put up with it till they get bored.
N/A

Managed "BadBoys"

Merry xmas all,

It's perfectly fair for the 99.8% (over 80,000) customers who will now not be effected by the download habits of the 240 originally identified

Somehow I don't think your downloading habits where effected by us badboys to begin with. Plus.net just said that so you would gang up on us. Not one person has said they have noticed any speed increases since the new managed platform has come in, and thats because there are none.

Sheep easily led by the corporate propaganda.
Community Veteran

Managed "BadBoys"

My speed increased by 10Kbs (i.e. it returned to the level it was several months ago) after the managed pipe was introduced, and others have reported speed increases, as well as no speed decreases.

Also the work done by plusnet was also to stop any future effect the heavy users identified would have on the overall network speeds so the fact that people are not seeing speed decreases was plusnet's ultimate aim. If they had been allowed to continue it would have effected everyone, especially during the busy periods.
N/A

Managed "BadBoys"

It was also to reduce costs of adding more pipes to cope with you lot, thus meaning we would have ALL had to pay more. Now please stfu and leave?