cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make webmail advanced settings sticky?

hatchwarren
Dabbler

Every time I log onto webmail I have to change both of the advanced settings, i.e. use the enhanced (IE6) interface and use MAPI(?) as opposed to POP3.

Is it possible to get either PN or IE6 to remember these settings and offer them as defaults next time I log in?

Steve Adams
5 REPLIES
xon
Grafter

Hi,

Good point. I suspect that the probable answer is no, as the Webmail front end would need to be changed in order to select IMAP over POP3 and, inevitably, some customers would probably prefer POP3, although in my experience the IMAP option gives you more control over your email set up than POP3.

However if you are using email client software then you can preselect IMAP and there are setup instructions here:- http://portal.plus.net/support/email/setup/email_setup_guide.shtml

Regards
Andy
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Surely its just a case of making the login page save a cookie with the last selected settings - not a change to make IMAP or advanced the default which would upset/confuse people.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

/Wonders if Colin is busy yet.... :lol:
James
Grafter

Perhaps it would be worth raising this in PUGIT for some voting madness.
Laugh
Grafter

I noticed that once I upgraded to IE7 I used to go in with Advanced E-mail but now I always go in with Simple Mode. Not a big deal from my point of view, but just something I noticed.