cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox whitelist request

N/A

I made a request/suggestion in one part of the 'Very dodgy spam email situation' threads but I think it might have been overlooked by PlusNet staff, so here it is again Smiley

Could each mailbox/alias/redirect have the option of a spam whitelist? If this option were to be selected, could any email address not listed (in the whitelist) be tagged as spam and then dealt with in the manner the user has decided (e.g simply tagged or sent to the IMAP spam folder).

I understand that this would not suit everyone, which is why I would like it as an option only Smiley Some of my mailboxes receive emails from only a small number of senders, so a whitelist would be ideal for them in an effort to reduce the recent spam influx.

Could this change be introduced at the same time as the other new counter spam initiatives?

I would appreciate a reply from PlusNet staff and would like to know if they would consider this Smiley Thanks
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

It's idea that's been floated around, I don't think it's something that'll we'd be able to do as part of the current phase of the email changes but I'm sure will be considered in the next.
N/A

OK, thanks for the reply Dave Smiley
N/A

This is similar to something I recently asked. I don't want to have to explicitly whitelist everything but I would really like the option to whitelist certain sources which are frequently tagged as spam (but aren't) and let the filter deal with the rest. On current form I would probably need to check my spam mailbox daily.
Dev
Grafter

I would also like to see an option to turn off/on spam filtering for individual mailboxes under email settings rather than just a global setting.