cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox failure and ADSL Router firewall

N/A

Mailbox failure and ADSL Router firewall

Hi,

A week or so ago I set up my ADSL Router firewall to enable Port filtering and set up all the usual Ports including Port 110 for POP3. All was well and I received my emails as usual.

A couple of days ago, however, I stopped receiving my PlusNet emails (though I continued to recieve emails from other ISPs). Disabling the router firewall allowed PlusNet emails to return.

Is there another Port I should be enabling for PlusNet emails? (Has this changed over the last few days?).

Many thanks,

Paul

(Remove *NOSPAM* in return email address to contact me directly)
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Mailbox failure and ADSL Router firewall

There are a few other ports which may give the problem they could be
imap port 143 which is most likely
smtp port 25
pop port 109
pcmail 158
Incredmail uses port 1173
the best bet it to go to wininternals and get tcpview and watch what ports are opened when you collect your mail or if you have a software firewall that should show the port. Doesnt your router have a conection view?

> Hi,
>
> A week or so ago I set up my ADSL Router firewall to enable Port filtering and set up all the usual Ports including Port 110 for POP3. All was well and I received my emails as usual.
>
> A couple of days ago, however, I stopped receiving my PlusNet emails (though I continued to recieve emails from other ISPs). Disabling the router firewall allowed PlusNet emails to return.
>
> Is there another Port I should be enabling for PlusNet emails? (Has this changed over the last few days?).
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Paul
>
> (Remove *NOSPAM* in return email address to contact me directly)

N/A

RE: Mailbox failure and ADSL Router firewall

Hi there,

I can access your main mailbox fine from here (although you have no mail waiting). In order to collect mail by POP3 you only need port 110 open outbound and port 25 inbound (for sending).

If you get any error messages from your mail client please raise them through Contact Us and one of our support staff will be able to look through them.

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh Berry.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----+