cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail stops at midnight - why?

southerncomfort
Grafter

Why is it that at exactly midnight every night, I cannot receive or send mail for a couple of hours? This has been happening for at least a year now and I'm getting p***** off.
28 REPLIES
N/A

And I've got the same issue, on both Webmail and my Outlook. Both were fine one hour, one minute ago - and it's p***ing me off more since I'm in the USA right now and it's only 8:00pm here.

All I've got left to do now is watch Prez Bush delivering a live speech from Fort Bragg, NC. If he says anything interesting (or sensible), I'll eat my laptop!
N/A

a) Bush delivered his usual boring diatribe.

b) Me bad - I should read the status page properly before whining.

c) There was an e-mail problem and now it's fixed - thanks.
southerncomfort
Grafter

**** Bush.
Anyone at plusnet explain this problem? OE or Webmail makes no difference - at exactly midnight GMT every night my mail freezes up. Should I raise a 'ticket' on this? There is obviously a problem somewhere. Is it only me?
N/A

i dont think the mail with plusnet is that reliable
N/A

Servise status says its fixed so we can check it out tonight.
southerncomfort
Grafter

i dont think the mail with plusnet is that reliable

Nor do plusnet if I recall a remark from them not long ago on here. Anyone know of an isp who understands the concept that reliable email is vital for a business?
N/A

Email with Plus net is genarally reliable. All of our many business clients use it mostly without issue.

With any mail platfrom or server there will be issues from time to time. It is the nature of the beast.

There have indeed been issues in the past, the latter part of last year was one horrendous example and one i hope is never repeated.

In fairness i believe they understand the importance of email but i am currently unaware of any ISP or provider who will give a guarantee of 100% uptime for mail. It would be nearly impossible to deliver.
N/A

Mail problem

Only been with Plusnet a month. I moved from another ISP because of reliability. Came to Plusnet because they got good reviews.

Had lot's of problems with mail not always able to connect to SMTP server (Outlook 2003). And the less said about Usenet....

Very dissapointed first month

Clive
southerncomfort
Grafter

I don't expect 100% reliability, but why pull the plug at every midnight on the dot?

Yes we too chose plusnet because their reviews were good. Doesn't say much for the rest then does it!
N/A

In short , they dont.

if you are having an issue of this sort then it is either a local problem with your software or equipment or your account settings with Plus net.

if this scenario was general and accross the board we would see a lot more people shouting about it.

Have you discussed this issue with Plus net via the ticket system?

If not, it may be an idea to do so.
holdtight
Grafter

Marks right this problem is not across the board ! personally ive not had any mail problems with +net any time of day or night

there is something that has been mentioned before about things slowing down around this time with possibilities of some sort of script running are you sure its not related to this as ive noticed while this is happening the mail can take an extra few seconds to send or recieve but it does work

as suggested ask +net to look into it for you
LiamM
Grafter

I have no problem with E-Mail and never really have.
N/A

i do loads of spam no offers from rich females of a life of leisure, lol
holdtight
Grafter

Had offers from the odd rich african luring me into a life of leisure but i would be lost without the day job so ive turned them down

and to think of all that money i could have if i wasnt so dedicated to my work Wink