cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail service update - I am still having problems

rapalla
Grafter

I have read the latest service update but find that only two out of my five family mailboxes are working. Still getting
"There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Maildir: No such file or directory', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92"

Thats 3 days now ! Guess the problems are still ongoing. ?
315 REPLIES
Wright
Dabbler

I am still having problems too. Apparently its because our usernames start with 'a'. Luckily the account that I cannot use is not important.

I raised a ticket on this two days ago but still no reply.
Community Veteran

Accounts starting with a were moved over to the new mail hardware last week and since then there have been problems with retreiving mail from the servers. The problem appears to be hardware/software related and is in the hands of the equipment manufacturers (Sun) with no fix date/time given.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I've made the networks team aware of your details and the messages received.

Anyone else still having problems?
N/A

I can access my email fine , but still missing the entire contents of my mailbox, including mail and folders.
Any idea when /if they will be restored?
JonathanW
Grafter

Unfortunately, we don't have any exact time scales for the fix of these individual issues. Though I've made sure that networks are aware of your particular problem.
N/A

I'm another one who still can't get into one of my e-mail accounts because of username/password issues.
N/A

I still can't get into one of my mailboxes.
N/A

The problem appears to be hardware/software related
is that one step up from "there is something wrong with the server" ;-)
JuneG

I can access my email fine , but still missing the entire contents of my mailbox, including mail and folders.
Any idea when /if they will be restored?

I am also having problems - some of my mailboxes work (intermittently) others don't work at all.

June
Christopher_Spr

email failure continues

Hi

I've made the networks team aware of your details and the messages received.

Anyone else still having problems?

I have not been able to access email in my cspry.co.uk POP3 resource at PlusNet for two days. There is no error message. I can not post emails through PlusNet except with Webmail and then they do not turn up in cspry@cspry.co.uk, even though it says they were sent. Also, I have had no replies to my queries for two days: poor service indeed Sad

DNS resolution has been very slow too, for the last few hours.

Christopher Spry
cspry@cspry.co.uk but use christopher.spry@gmail.com until it is fixed.
N/A

I noticed there's a new section on the PUG Forum which might be of interest to those with mail problems.
canford
Grafter

0900 Sunday here we go again

In more than 30 attempts to log on to three different PlusNet mail accounts, no successes.

'Error reading from Network. Cause: Connection closed by foreign host'

Thank goodness I only monitor these accounts (as required by PlusNet) and my mail is directed elsewhere.
johnmglen
Grafter

Yes, no access at all now, I'm getting

>Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'mail.plus.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F<<

This is not filling me with confidence.
Richchad
Grafter

Yes exactly the same here, it seemed to be okay first thing this morning but not for long Sad .........why on earth can't Plusnet resolve this ongoing email problem, email is the most basic and fundamental part of any internet use. I am seriously going to have to consider an alternative independant email account, it is just the thought of informing all my address book of yet another new email address Evil