cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail server

N/A

Mail server

Hi,

I was wanting to collect my email from your pop3 server at work. However I know that normal pop3 connections use an unencrypted password. Does your mail server support SSL? If it does not is this a feature that might be worth adding?

Thanks

Rob
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Mail server

Hi Rob,

At the moment our POP3 mail doesn't support SSL, if it's something people would like to see then I'll certainly raise it for investigation.
N/A

Mail server

I'd also be interested in seeing SSL support on the POP3 server for when I'm checking my e-mail away from home (via my phone or wifi access).

Thanks,
Colin
N/A

Mail server

Hi Dave,

On this topic of email & SSL, if SSL were enabled on F9 email servers how might this affect the speed or performance of the service when a user collects their mail? Would it slow things down significantly?? as its clear to me that here on the portal moving from http to https and back again definately does Slowwwwww!! things down noticably? Any comments Dave?

Ivan
britade

Mail server

I'd definitely like to see the option of using SSL when accessing email via POP or IMAP when away from home. I'd also like to see SMTP over SSL with SMTP authentication to allow sending of mail when away from home.

At the moment, the lack of these mean I can't have a sensible configuration on my PDA which would work at home and remotely.

Adrian.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Mail server

SMTP auth is something we're thinking about as I announced here.

SSL on the collection servers would slow things considerable at this moment in time and I'd certainly be reluctant to back any plans to implement this whilst we're working on getting on top of email performance again.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵