cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail redirect - help wanted

purplebus
Grafter

Like many others, I'm receiving loads of spam emails to my default PlusNet email address.

I don't entirely trust the PlusNet email spam filtering as I've seen lots of of false positives (and lots of false negatives!) However, in contrast, I've had a very good experience with Gogglemail spam filtering.

So I decided to redirect all my emails from my default PlusNet mailbox to my Googlemail account. However, when I try to set up a redirect from my default PlusNet mailbox to my Googlemail account I get the message "Mailbox/alias XXXXX is already used" (XXXXX is my default name).

I've read the instructions very carefully and I can't see that what I'm trying to do is specifically not allowed nor can I see what I'm doing wrong - can any one tell me how to redirect my emails from my default PlusNet mailbox to my Googlemail account.
5 REPLIES
Dev
Grafter

i had the same problem, i had to delete the address and recreate it anew and redirect.
purplebus
Grafter

Thanks for your reply but I'm not sure I understand your suggestion - surely it's not possible to delete and 'renew' your default mailbox?
Dev
Grafter

If you mean your postmaster@, then yes, you can't delete that. Maybe you can raise a ticket and see if PN can do it for you. I only use postmaster for PN support mails and I have catch all switched off.
Dev
Grafter

Another workaround is using googlemail to collect mail via pop3 from your PN account, see in googlemail under settings-accounts-get mail from other accounts.
chrisc
Grafter

If you can't set up Googlemail to collect your PlusNet email the n you will need to setup redirects for all the addresses that you use.

It is not possible to redirect the default catch all mailbox so you will need to setup redirects for all of the addresses that you actually use.