cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail not working

N/A

Mail not working

I cant send any mail with my plus net account through outlook express Cry it was working before and now it just says

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'missinglink777@hotmail.com'. Subject '', Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relay not permitted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Any advice?
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Mail not working

Are you definately dialled up using plusnet?

B.
N/A

Mail not working

Yep, its the default account in my outlook express,connected via BT broadband.
N/A

Mail not working

You must be connected to plusnet (either through dialup, or using their broadband) in order to use their outgoing SMTP server. If you are using BT Broadband, you're not connected to the plusnet network.
N/A

Mail not working

Hi,

Assuming you haven't changed any settings in your mail client you'll need to raise this to the support team so we can do some tests on your account. You can either raise a ticket at http://contactus.plus.net or give us a call on 0845 1400200.
N/A

Mail not working

You must be connected to plusnet (either through dialup, or using their broadband) in order to use their outgoing SMTP server. If you are using BT Broadband, you're not connected to the plusnet network.

So how come it was working for a couple of months before?
N/A

Mail not working

I must be wrong. I'm sure it was said you had to be connected to plusnet to use their outgoing mailserver :?

Though this topic says otherwise (it's only a month old).
N/A

Mail not working

I must be wrong. I'm sure it was said you had to be connected to plusnet to use their outgoing mailserver :?

I wouldn't fret too much matey - everything changing thesedays

Example : you can use Orange's SMTP server on ANY 0845 dialup - strange but true
N/A

Mail not working

I must be wrong. I'm sure it was said you had to be connected to plusnet to use their outgoing mailserver

For what it's worth I thought so too...
N/A

Mail not working

I must be wrong. I'm sure it was said you had to be connected to plusnet to use their outgoing mailserver

Ordinarily yes, but we offer services to BT Broadband customers one of which is the facility to use our mail servers. However they need to authenticate when sending mail so the setup is slightly different. See http://portal.plus.net/btbroadband/ for more details.
N/A

Mail not working

Ordinarily yes, but we offer services to BT Broadband customers one of which is the facility to use our mail servers. However they need to authenticate when sending mail so the setup is slightly different. See http://portal.plus.net/btbroadband/ for more details.

Nice one Rob, you just sorted my problem out for me, all working fine now!
N/A

Mail not working

Happy to help, albeit inadvertently! Smiley