cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail down

Laugh
Grafter

Mail down

Is it just me? I can't connect to the mail server. I can ping mail.plus.net but it won't let me connect. Service Status says all OK.

Anyone else having problems?
5 REPLIES
Laugh
Grafter

Mail down

I still can't get my mail. I've logged a fault ID: 21653189.
Over to the support guys.......
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Mail down

Hi,

I've checked your mailboxes our side and they show as working OK and have mail waiting. I've replied to your ticket with a few suggestions, let us know if it helps at all.
Laugh
Grafter

Mail down

If it helps. Webmail is working and i can look at my mail there. I cannot connect via Outlook though. Still an issue and I'm feeling really really lonely Cry
Laugh
Grafter

Mail down

Thanks Dave. My last post crossed over with yours. Still getting the same error of
Unable to connect to the server. (Account: 'pop.plus.net', POP3 Server: 'mail.plus.net', Error Number: 0x800ccc0e).

It's not really causing me a problem because I can still get at my mail through the web, but I thought I'd give you the heads up as this is the problem others were complaining about the other day....
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Mail down

Have you tried a reboot (both PC and router)? The error message you posted on the ticket (0x800ccc0E) means that the PC could resolve the IP address of the mail server but was unable to establish a connection on port 110.

Normally that means that something is blocking it (most common things are antivirus and firewall software) or it could be something on the router, or something else.

If you click this link:

telnet://mail.plus.net:110

it should open a command prompt with a message saying "+OK Hello there." which is the welcome message from our mail collection servers. If it doesn't then as I say I would suspect that something on your PC or router is blocking the connection.