cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail collection

N/A

Mail collection

I have set up a mailbox in plusmail that retrieves my mail from the ISP Ihad before +net.
This mail is showing on my Inbox.
I cannot download it from +net to my Pc; I have tried +net FAQ's and help and can see that I have to make the account mane ay myplusnetusername+thenameofthe retievalaccount with a password to that mailbox.

For the life of me I cannot get these massages to download. Your assistance will be appreciated
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Mail collection

> I have set up a mailbox in plusmail that retrieves my mail from the ISP Ihad before +net.
> This mail is showing on my Inbox.
> I cannot download it from +net to my Pc; I have tried +net FAQ's and help and can see that I have to make the account mane ay myplusnetusername+thenameofthe retievalaccount with a password to that mailbox.
>
> For the life of me I cannot get these massages to download. Your assistance will be appreciated

Hi Stephen,

The mail from another ISP is not collected by us, we do provide a system which allows users to see the mail sitting on the other ISPs mail servers. You can see this mail and read it, however it is not downloaded from the server, so you cannot download it from us.

I hope this has helped.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant...........for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Hi Stephen,
>
> The mail from another ISP is not collected by us, we do provide a system which allows users to see the mail sitting on the other ISPs mail servers. You can see this mail and read it, however it is not downloaded from the server, so you cannot download it from us.
>

Hmmm! I have to disagree. I connect via plus net and collect my mail from Boltblue, Surfanytime and Freeserve as well as my Plusnet mailbox. Maybe his settings aren't correct on his email program.

Byron
N/A

Go to www.twigger.co.uk and choose the appropriate ISP from the dropdown menu. then enter your user name and password for that ISP.

This shows you your mail throough that ISP which you can read and delete as necessary. Deleting it will obviously remove it from your Inbox in your mail programme.
N/A

Yes, in addition to my above post, I'd also agree with Byron. I collect from Claranet, BT and Eurobell using my Plusnet connection.

I think his mail settings need tweaking too.
N/A

> Go to www.twigger.co.uk and choose the appropriate ISP from the dropdown menu. then enter your user name and password for that ISP.
>
> This shows you your mail throough that ISP which you can read and delete as necessary. Deleting it will obviously remove it from your Inbox in your mail programme.

Ok, ok, +net says that the download of mail - brought into my +mail account from another ISP - is impossible. Previous respondees (many thanks) say it can be done. How please?
N/A

> > Go to www.twigger.co.uk and choose the appropriate ISP from the dropdown menu. then enter your user name and password for that ISP.
> >
> > This shows you your mail throough that ISP which you can read and delete as necessary. Deleting it will obviously remove it from your Inbox in your mail programme.
>
> Ok, ok, +net says that the download of mail - brought into my +mail account from another ISP - is impossible. Previous respondees (many thanks) say it can be done. How please?

Hi again Stephen,

I believe may colleague may have misinterpreted your original post. You can download mail from other ISP's via POP3 while connected to us, assuming the other ISP doesn't place restrictions on you doing so.

There are two ways to do this:

1) Go to Plusmail and then Options, you can choose an ISP from the drop down list and enter the other relevant details. If the ISP you want is not there then let us know and we can look into adding it.

2) You can setup your mail program(e.g Outlook Express) with the other providers details and download via POP3 as normal. With this option it would be advisable to seek advice from the other Provider on the settings you will need.

Regards,
Robert

| Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
N/A

> > > Go to www.twigger.co.uk and choose the appropriate ISP from the dropdown menu. then enter your user name and password for that ISP.
> > >
> > > This shows you your mail throough that ISP which you can read and delete as necessary. Deleting it will obviously remove it from your Inbox in your mail programme.
> >
> > Ok, ok, +net says that the download of mail - brought into my +mail account from another ISP - is impossible. Previous respondees (many thanks) say it can be done. How please?
>
> Hi again Stephen,
>
> I believe may colleague may have misinterpreted your original post. You can download mail from other ISP's via POP3 while connected to us, assuming the other ISP doesn't place restrictions on you doing so.
>
> There are two ways to do this:
>
> 1) Go to Plusmail and then Options, you can choose an ISP from the drop down list and enter the other relevant details. If the ISP you want is not there then let us know and we can look into adding it.
>
> 2) You can setup your mail program(e.g Outlook Express) with the other providers details and download via POP3 as normal. With this option it would be advisable to seek advice from the other Provider on the settings you will need.
>
>
> Regards,
> Robert
>
> | Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
>
Ok, I understand. I have my other em data and I already have set up the collecting mailbox on the +net mail server.

I will now set up that mail service in Outlook - and see what happens. Thanks
N/A

> > > > Go to www.twigger.co.uk and choose the appropriate ISP from the dropdown menu. then enter your user name and password for that ISP.
> > > >
> > > > This shows you your mail throough that ISP which you can read and delete as necessary. Deleting it will obviously remove it from your Inbox in your mail programme.
> > >
> > > Ok, ok, +net says that the download of mail - brought into my +mail account from another ISP - is impossible. Previous respondees (many thanks) say it can be done. How please?
> >
> > Hi again Stephen,
> >
> > I believe may colleague may have misinterpreted your original post. You can download mail from other ISP's via POP3 while connected to us, assuming the other ISP doesn't place restrictions on you doing so.
> >
> > There are two ways to do this:
> >
> > 1) Go to Plusmail and then Options, you can choose an ISP from the drop down list and enter the other relevant details. If the ISP you want is not there then let us know and we can look into adding it.
> >
> > 2) You can setup your mail program(e.g Outlook Express) with the other providers details and download via POP3 as normal. With this option it would be advisable to seek advice from the other Provider on the settings you will need.
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> > Robert
> >
> > | Robert Kelly........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> > | Customer Support...........................for Home & Business
> > | PlusNet Technologies Ltd...............http://www.plus.net
> > + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------
> >
> Ok, I understand. I have my other em data and I already have set up the collecting mailbox on the +net mail server.
>
> I will now set up that mail service in Outlook - and see what happens. Thanks
>

Ok good peoples, I have managed to set up the retrieval of mail from my other ISP using the +net connection. I would suggest that clearer instructions of how to do this are posted in the portal though. Thank you to all who helped.
N/A

Thanks for the feedback,
I will have a look at the support information later today, we should be able to investigate what improvments can be made.

Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen ............................... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant ................... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd .......................... http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------