cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail block

Tigger
Grafter

Mail block

I have been e-mailing a client in Australia, and have had my last message undelivered because:

"451 Mail from this IP address blocked due to DNS block list"

It's been sitting on pih-relay05.plus.net since Friday, on its way to a bigpond.net.au address

Can anyone explain / tell me what to do next?!!
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Mail block

This means that "bigpond.net.au" are not accepting e-mail from PlusNet, as they believe them to be a source of spam.

Try resending the message, as PlusNet have multiple outgoing mail servers and "bigpond.net.au" are possibly only blocking one (pih-relay05.plus.net)

Blocks like this are normally imposted by ISP's being over zealous, in the way that they use SPAM list, to stop all mail from certain servers, where they should only every be used as part of a SPAM scoring system.

Chillly
Tigger
Grafter

Mail block

Thanks. That's what I thought it meant, so I've re-sent it, and am waiting for developments.
Community Veteran

Mail block

We send regularly to bigpond and just get the odd email rejected now and again. Just keep trying as Chilly suggests.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Mail block

Don't suppose they've said which list they are using?
Tigger
Grafter

Mail block

Sorry, no, no sign of which blocking list they're using.

Doesn't help you to get it unblocked!

If I can't get it through with a re-send, I'll have to use my tiscali address!! Must reach my clients - I'd quite like them to pay me - and as it's Paypal, I need them to be able to use my plusnet address.
Mand
Grafter

Mail block

Hi there,

If you can raise a ticket for me with the headers included I can get the networks team to contact Bigpond directly to resolve this.

Feel free to mark the ticket for my attention and we'll get it sorted for you ASAP.