Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac code

ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Mac code

Hi
Question,my PAYG account is paid by DD on 16th of each month.

Can some advise please when would be the best time to request
my mac code to give the 30 day notice and I don't end up paying for another month after I've left.

Don't know if I've made myself clear as re above.

Do believe I have read in the forums in the past that it's possible to keep e-mail account,+net email address (outlook express)user or have I got that wrong.

If I am right re plusnet email address/account do I have to request at same time of asking for mac code and is there a charge per yr ?? .
Many thanks.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Mac code

It doesn't make a lot of difference as you will end up paying to the end of your 30 day notice period and when your migration completes you can claim a refund of the remainder.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Mac code

It doesn't make a lot of difference as you will end up paying to the end of your 30 day notice period and when your migration completes you can claim a refund of the remainder.

Hi elvin.
Thanks for reply.

So if I pay for 30 notice would it not make sense to request mac few days prior to the monthy DD being paid ? ie if requested say on 12th of month ,notice should be up on approx 11th following month and should not have another £14.99 taken out on 16th of same month,so would only lose a few payed for days and not worth claiming back after migration

Have I got that right?.
Do you know how long it takes to get mac code after request please.

Do you know about e-mail account side of things ?.

Or can anyone from + net advise please.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Mac code

Requesting shortly before your billing date does reduce the amount to be reclaimed, but you will end up paying more to Plusnet because you have delayed.

If you are on BT getting your MAC code is usually very quick (unless there are problems with the BT system which has happened a couple of times recently).

If you are on Tiscali LLU it can take much longer and some ISP's are funny about taking them (their problem, not Plusnet's).

Your notice starts the day you request it, not the day you get it.

On the page where you request your MAC in the help and support is an option to notify Plusnet that your migration has completed. When you fill in the details there request a downgrade to dial-up PAYG - that keeps your email.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Mac code

Requesting shortly before your billing date does reduce the amount to be reclaimed, but you will end up paying more to Plusnet because you have delayed.

If you are on BT getting your MAC code is usually very quick (unless there are problems with the BT system which has happened a couple of times recently).

Hi elvin
Thanks again for info,don't really wish to leave +net but got so poor recently,now know how many have felt in the forums.

Have already got +net dial up that I installed long way back.
Thanks again.

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Fixed quote tags