cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac code question?

N/A

Mac code question?

Not thinking of leaving myself...yet, but i gather you need your mac code off PN before you can leave and it can be a pain to get it from them sometimes.

I'm just wondering, if theoretically you could get your Mac code without asking them, could you just up and leave PN without telling them or do they have to do something at their end first?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Mac code question?

i think you may just need to tell them to stop your service, maybe it does it automatically though im not 100% sure
csogilvie
Grafter

Mac code question?

You'd need to speak to PlusNet to get your MAC as its generated from a BT system that only ISPs have access to AFAIK. You also couldn't ask another ISP to do it, as it can only be done by the ISP that 'owns' the connection.
N/A

Mac code question?

Cheers, was just curious...as there is a modem that gives your mac code in the system information by default, he he!

Nope, i won't say what it is for those who wanna elope, i'm not gonna be responsible for bad behaviour Wink
csogilvie
Grafter

Mac code question?

Ah, no thats something different - that's probably a MAC address: Google Definition

A MAC in this case is a Migration Authorisation Code, from memory.
N/A

Re: Mac code question?

I'm just wondering, if theoretically you could get your Mac code without asking them, could you just up and leave PN without telling them?

If you don't ask for it, you wont get it.
You don't need it to leave, it's for migrating to another supplier.
You can join another ISP without having it, only in most if not all cases it will cost you to join if don't have it.
The mac address from your modem is not the same thing as your mac code
N/A

Mac code question?

Ah, no thats something different - that's probably a MAC address: Google Definition

A MAC in this case is a Migration Authorisation Code, from memory.

My bad, lol
csogilvie
Grafter

Mac code question?

That's OK, it can also be refering to Apple Computers too :lol: and of course a rain jacket etc.