cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Key Requests how long ?

N/A

Submitted at - Raised: 2005-08-28 10:45:54 -

How long are people getting a reply back ?
24 REPLIES
N/A

can take up to 7 days i believe but they will ring u first to find out why :-)
N/A

I bet they are swamped and you will have to wait longer than 7 days.
N/A

can take up to 7 days i believe but they will ring u first to find out why :-)

Is it just me that doesn't understand this part? Why on earth would they want to phone you to find out why you are leaving? I would have thought it pretty self evident given recent events. Or are they just trying to be funny and hilariously fickle? Cool

I'll probably be putting in my MAC request next month and if they do ask why I'm leaving, I'll just say I don't have the time or energy to expel justifiable reasons to a company that doesn't listen anyway.

Or maybe I'll find some cheesy "on hold music" and pamper them with "your call is important to me, thank you for waiting" :lol:
Community Veteran

There are lots of reason for phoning the customer up when they request a MAC code.

Not everyone gives a reason for leaving in the tickets. Some leave because of problems with the connection or are having difficulty getting sensible replies out of PlusNet.

The phone call can sometimes clear up any misunderstandings or progress a problem further than the ticket system has so far (i.e. to identify where a ticket or problem has got bogged down).

In some cases talking to the customer can resolve outstanding problems meaning the customer no longer has a reason for leaving and thus doesn't.

People will often give more detailed reasons for leaving over the phone and this info can then be fed back into the system which may then cause procedures to change.

And... PlusNet don't like losing customers so they try to persuade you to stay.
N/A

plusnet don't like losing customers? they have a strange way of keeping customer loyalty.

Tim
N/A

Don't mind exterminating them though, despite the backlash and others leaving. Bet they don't ring me when I ask for mine.

But remember that 30 days notice and post the request near to your subscription date.
Community Veteran

It does not matter when you migrate, you can just request a refund for any period you have paid for after the 30 day notice period expires. Note: YOU have to request the refund, it is not automatic.
N/A

Requested MAC : 2005-08-25 20:09:07
Received MAC : 2005-08-29 15:36:14

It looks from the tickets, that it went through 3 people so that might explaing the 4 days. But it is bank holiday....
N/A

Personally I would not trust them to return 1p without a fight so when I go it will be exactly 30 days notice to my next sub abd that will be cancelled at the bank.
N/A

If theres any team members reading this please can you push things along, I've sent a further number of messages but still nothing happening.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I've answered your ticket.

The CSC is currently very busy so it is taking quite some time to deal with the tickets. Adding further comments does not speed up the processing in any way, so please try not to add more comments unless they contain new and useful information.
N/A

wahooo Smiley

see ya folks good luck everyone, Cheers mr Brown Smiley
N/A

cya mark and best of luck with your new isp
N/A

I've requested the MAC too so let's see...