cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MYSQL Upgrade

N/A

MYSQL Upgrade

Hi PN,

Can you confirm how the upgrade is going for MySQL to version 4.1?

The announcement (email) advised work should be completed by 6 Jan - is it on schedule?

Thanks
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

MYSQL Upgrade

I'm not sure, I'll check for you tomorrow with the people looking after the upgrade and let you know.
Community Veteran

MYSQL Upgrade

Last I heard there was a delay with this upgrade, but for how long I don't know.

My understanding is the aquisition of metronet caused a number of projects to slip. I will try and get an updated from PN posted / announced but this may not happen until a revised plan/date is known.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

MYSQL Upgrade

The new servers are now down in London and are being racked tomorrow. The replication should be set up by Monday and then from there we'll post an update on status as to when the switchover will happen later next week.
N/A

MYSQL Upgrade

2 weeks on - whats teh position - any progress?

Thanks
Community Veteran

MYSQL Upgrade

I keep trying to get PN to issue a status report but it's falling on deaf ears at the moment so I have no idea what progress, if any, has been made. Things were delayed due to the Metronet merger.
Community Veteran

MYSQL Upgrade

it seems that your request hasn't fallen on deaf ears today!

Further to our announcement last month regarding the upgrade of our MySQL Servers, Rumpus and Humbug, we would like to provide an update.

The new hardware for the servers has been successfully installed in our Telehouse datacentre, unfortunately a problem has been encountered in the replication process between the current servers and the new servers. Our network engineers are continuing to look in to this, but the switchover has been delayed.

We will provide a further update to this in the next few weeks.

Kind regards,

Dave Tomlinson
Customer Support

N/A

MYSQL Upgrade

Ok,

Time for the bi-weekly update Plus Net!

How's the upgrade going - will we ever see it??

Appreciate probably low priority but most other hosts are now well beyond the current verisons of mysql & php etc - time to catch up?
Community Veteran

MYSQL Upgrade

I've asked for more info via PUG. We have not had anything more reported since Daves reply copied above.
N/A

MYSQL Upgrade

Ok PN....

Times a moving on - the last update on 16 Feb suggested should be in place by end of the month, an update would follow....

Your time keeping is starting to get poor - hope you haven't got a performance agreement in place!

Come on then whats the news about this upgrade
Community Veteran

MYSQL Upgrade

it was announced at least a week ago:

Service Affected: - Customer SQL

Maintenance Window: - 07:00 8th March 2006

Detailed description of work to be performed:-

We are pleased to announce a launch date for our upgraded SQL platform. From 8th March, you will automatically start using the new platform.

Providing you use the existing servers within PlusNet's recommendations (i.e. you use the hostname for your database server (Rumpus or Humbug), and NOT a hard coded IP address), then there is nothing you need to do during the changeover. If you do use a hardcoded IP, then your database should still continue to work for a short time, as we will replicate any changes to the old platform onto the new for a short amount of time, but we really would like you to change to using the hostname for your database server as soon as possible.

Also, we would like to remind all customers of the service again, that we are moving from MySQL 4.0 to MySQL 4.1, and as such, there may be some compatibility issues for some users, and we urge you to thoroughly check whether you need to make modifications to your SQL, or even your databases in order to receive a seamless transition between servers.

Expected Customer Impact: - Short outage (15 minutes) whilst switchover is finalised, then no further customer impact.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39395
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

MYSQL Upgrade

Not only that announcement, but there was a two page topic about it in this very forum:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39397
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)