cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTU & RWIN settings for Upto 8MB MAX

N/A

HI

just had my MAX DSL Regrade done last week, think it will be few days before my connection hits 5Mbps ? only getting 1.5 Mbps at the moment sometimes 2 , could some one recommend the best MTU & RWIN settings for the faster speeds as i havent changed these for ages,

Checked my Local BT exchange.....
Good News, BT have finished enabling this exchange for Max DSL products.
Products will be available from 31/03/06.
Speeds: Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 2Mbps or greater

Thanks CC
5 REPLIES
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

For over a year, I've been on an MTU of 1500 and a Receive window of 77,380 and have never recorded parcel loss.

Historically, my download speeds have ranged from 6,100bps early morning to 4,500bps in the evening.

However, since I switched to the RIN trial, my speeds have remained virtually the same throughout the day. About 6,100bps on the BT tester, 6,200bps on speedtest.net and 6,300bps on the PlusNet beta tester.

Regards........Noel
fotobits
Rising Star

.......sorry comedy central, obviously the speeds I quoted are kbps!

Regards.......Noel
holdtight
Grafter

A bit of trial and error is called for to find the best MTU & RWIN values for your line

Its worth checking out and trying these suggested settings for MTU & RWIN on kitz`s site and using DRTCP to change them

Theres a good way of finding the ideal for your line at the bottom of that article

Personally i find an MTU of 1478 and an RWIN of 76214 suit my 8meg connection best also if you use a router make sure you change its MTU value to that of your pc

Bill.
bobbygeorge
Grafter

just had my MAX DSL Regrade done last week, think it will be few days before my connection hits 5Mbps ? only getting 1.5 Mbps at the moment sometimes 2 , could some one recommend the best MTU & RWIN settings for the faster speeds as i havent changed these for ages,

you need to understand that tweaking your MTU & top recieve will not allow you to connect at a higher speed, this is down to line quality, your BRAS profile & router settings.

tweaking MTU settings may allow you to see improved performance on filesharing apps and such like but it will not improve your sync speed..
fotobits
Rising Star

bobbygeorge......surely packet size affects kbps?

Regards.....Noel