cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSR Change

N/A

MSR Change

Hi, My max stable rate has changed from 4000 to 5000 but i am still getting 4Mb speed not 5Mb. It changed a few days ago and was wondering if there is a time lag in it changing on the msr page to it being affective on your line or is there a problem?

Thanks
3 REPLIES
N/A

MSR Change

Perhaps the comment I made here is relevant. Also, when I had my profile raise manually recently, I was asked: "Please reboot your kit...".

My sync rate down is about 6.9 Mb/s and throughput measured using the AG speedtest is about 4.1 Mb/s, which is near enough for me. I'm more interested that it is reasonably stable than getting the absolute max possible speed.
lunarjetman
Grafter

MSR Change

It may be that the delta report that Plusnet need to receive from BT in order to change your stable rate has not come through.

I have raised a ticket for this myself only yesterday. In my case to get a data rate of 2500 Kbps (the best I seem to be able to manage) I need to sync at > 2848 Kbps for three days running. I have been consistently over this figure for a week or more but I'm still only getting 2000 Kbps data rate. Previously I had been adjusted up correctly after 3 days but for some reason it's stopped happening.

The response to my ticket from Plusnet CSC suggests that this is not just restricted to me and they have taken action to allow my line to reprofile. I guess if it stays at 2000Kbps I must be the victim of a rubbish sync in the early hours of the morning.
Community Veteran

MSR Change

It may be that the delta report that Plusnet need to receive from BT in order to change your stable rate has not come through.

It is, to my limited knowledge, the delta report PN use from BT to change the MSR.

I have had this problem too, my MSR has changed, but my actual download speeds do not. I find either of, leaving the router off for 10 minutes or running a BT sppedtest seems to unblock the connection limiting by PN.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed