cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSN File transfers - Unbearable Slow!

N/A

Hi,

Whenever someone trys to send me a file on MSN, it is extremely slow!! And most of the time its only a photo, 200-500kb. And even that takes a couple of minutes. My friend has max 8mb ADSL as hes right next to his exchange, and whenever he sends files to other MSN users its lighting fast.

So why is mine (only friend hes got on plusNet) take an age to transfer files? It never used to be this slow, but in the past 2-3 months its just unbearable.

Any advice?

Thanks
6 REPLIES
loony
Grafter

sorry i cant help but i have the same problem with file transfers over messenger live.
N/A

It does it with me too.

I'm guessing its part of the ongoing problem with p2p and ftp speeds.

I'll let you know anyway, I've just got my MAC... Wink
N/A

So is PlusNet going to look into this problem, have they acknowledged it is a problem?
N/A

They've been looking into the P2P/FTP/whatever problem for a couple of months now. Still no joy though.

There's a massive thread knocking around somewhere. Shouldn't be too far down the page.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

It's classed as p2p and thus throttled to the lowest possible speed PN think they can get away with.

I have the very same issue with MSN messenger.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
N/A

ADSL2+ will be enabled at my exchange in Jan, looks like I'll be getting a MAC code soon then. This throttling is not on, and performance has gone down hill so much, no one should be made ot put up with this.