cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MORE Slow Downloads..............

N/A

Well I did just think it was usenet that was being shaped to an almost un-useable speed but now I have just come to download xp service pack 2.

Coming from download.com I am currently getting 45kbps !

Tried several other sites and they all start off quick and then reduce down to exactly 40-45 kbps.

Someone tell me thats not traffic management in action !!

To say this is a Premier service is now somewhat questionable in my eyes.

I've been with +net a good few years but there is no doubt this ISP has taken a serious dive and upset / lost a lot of customers lately. You only have to read the titles in the forums, never mind even going into the posts.

Come on Plusnet, time to sort this out !
5 REPLIES
N/A

im having the same problem we pay for the top package but we dont get it , i think its time to move server, i was getting these speeds on 56k.
N/A

Microsoft download can be slow, its not plusnet, its the luck u get on what mirror u download from at microsoft!

Come on Plusnet, time to sort this out !

Kinda hard for them to do this when its not there problem Smiley

Try not blaming plus for every little problem that appears because 7times out of 10 it isnt there fault
N/A

Errrrrrr it wasn't from microsoft !

I tried several "download" sites, download.com, zdnet, etc etc

This is SFA to do with those site being slow and they were all giving exactly the same result.

I find it hard to believe that every path to these sites is congested just the same ! And more to prove it, open a second download at the same time, to somewhere else, I get exactly the same speed..............

I work it networking and have configured QOS kit, trust me I know the what the symptoms are !! :?
N/A

I believe it is PlusNet's problem, why do so many people complain about the same issue, poor download speeds. I have a 2meg connection, currently it is possible for me to download at approx 30k/sec!!!!

Until now I have been more than happy with the service PlusNet have supplied me with. I'll keep an eye on things for a few days before deciding what my next move is, hopefully things will return to normal.

Here are the results from my most recent dslguide speed test.

Downstream 272 Kbps (34.0 KB/sec) 293 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 75 Kbps (9.4 KB/sec) 81 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Plusnet Alumni (retired) _CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

it would help if you also ran a BT speed test