cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD and post on ADSL Guide

N/A

Ok so the MD of Plusnet has made a post on the adslguide forums, regarding the service and what people are saying about the company.

I'm not sure if all have read this, or if it is genuine but if interested here is the link

MD Post

In my opinion why hasn't he actually posted something on the F9 forums to let customers know, not only that does he not know many customers actually frequent other forums, including their own staff at plusnet.

here is just part of the message
Excuse the diatribe and potentially lax syntax and grammar. Therapeutic though it was for me, I'm sure it made for <delete as appropriate> painful - amusing - boring reading for the majority of people who could be bothered. The outcome is that I'm asking all people who work at PlusNet and who post in here to stop from doing so. Immediately. I’m sure this will make for some colourful debate. We’re not going to respond or take part. If you want to use any part of this as an out of context quote, then go right ahead. Again, we won’t be responding (oh and I’ve already sent it to the Register and ISP Review before you ask). When the people who moderate this place can be bothered to bring it back to what it used to be, we'll get stuck back in. And gladly so. For right now, we're not. We'll keep an eye out and check for the odd actual customer who may have ventured in here. If you’re actually a PlusNet customer and you want to talk to us, we'll be in our own portal forums and the forums on the PlusNet UserGroup site , as well as any other 3rd party forums that provide a home for a healthy community to engage in reasonable debate about broadband. But wasting time responding to some of you self-absorbed phonies? Not any more.

So how about posting on the F9 forum, or have a general forum that can be accessed by both F9 and Plusnet customers without having to use different logons etc, especially as he doesn't want customers or members of staff actually posting on adslguide anymore

Does the MD not reliase the importance of Freedom of Speech, and as many customers have said all it takes is a few customers to start kicking up a stint because of the lack of service, this then can be spread by word of mouth. A lot of long time customers have left F9 recently because of the more service, does this not ring alarm bells at plusnet/f9.

Remember losing longterm customers is a bad thing, as it puts out the message to newer customers 'if they've been with them for so long why are they leaving, should we go join f9/plusnet or should we give them a wide berth'

I do think F9/Plusnet will be able to bring back the service they used to be famous for, but they shouldn't leave it too late.....

regards
mike

[/url]
13 REPLIES
astarsolutions
Grafter

Its hard to tell if its real or not; it is certainly how I feel after reading some of the non stop criticism in these forums but its hard to believe that would be their official response.

And to clarify MD is Marketing Director not Managing Director
N/A

Hi Arthur,

if you read one or two of the follow ups, the post has been confirmed as genuine by members of PUG and others.

Also there is an article on The Register with additional responses from PlusNet.
N/A

Nice of him to go out of his way and post something like this.

Just a shame he hasn't got better things to do than sit on ADSLguide's forum.
David_W
Rising Star

Kinda unfair when you think about it, a few times recently we've found out about "issues" with F9 from a PN person posting on ADSL Guide and it being relayed here.... Now how are we supposed to find things out? :?:
N/A

I am sorry but he must go, he is not in touch with how most customer feel. He lost is marbles, if I was a share holder and I would want him out ASAP Getting rid of customer contact by phone was a very bad decision the premium rate number goes unanswered I signed up for voip service and it does not work so add it to the list i.e. emails lost etc

Its on his watch
N/A

I am expecting a bunch of customers to take their business elsewhere. But most customers will stick with it. Why? Because for all that is said and for all that we screw up, we still do it no more than anyone else does.

Like what, not answering phone, cripling bandwidth, dumping emails.

It motivates me to speak to customers directly and hear how bad we've been directly from them. That's the only way we can improve. Not pandering to the over inflated egos of ex-customers and people who have never been customers who clearly have agendas that only they can truly be interested in.

What about customers who have had nothing but problems. Why are these people ex-customers in the first place!!!!

Word of mouth marketing is great, that who F9 worked.. you recommended them you got a bit of money and they got good broadband.

Rule :
If a customer has a complaint they will tell 10 people about it,
If a customer get good service they will onlty tell 3!!

I am sure people who have posted on the forum have told many not to take services from F9 in future.

And that rant from the Marketing Director doesn't help smooth things over any.
astarsolutions
Grafter

From reading his post the one clear point I got from it was this.

So ADSLGuide no longer plays a huge part in keeping me in touch with what customers are feeling and experiencing. But if I want to see hard working members of PlusNet staff, who are just trying to help, being personally attacked and vilified, then I will come straight here.

He seems to have got pissed off with people having a go at F9's staff and understandably so.
James
Grafter

The post was not from the MD. The post was from the Director of Marketing, Marco Potesta. I can confirm that it is valid.

The removal of staff from ADSLGuide means that we will be able to spend more time in here, along with the other portal forums, allowing us to focus on our customers and avoid getting into petty debates with customers of other ISP's.

I appreciate that our customers do post in ADSLGuide, but often perfectly valid issues are lost in the mire.
David_W
Rising Star

I am sorry but he must go, he is not in touch with how most customer feel. He lost is marbles, if I was a share holder and I would want him out ASAP Getting rid of customer contact by phone was a very bad decision the premium rate number goes unanswered I signed up for voip service and it does not work so add it to the list i.e. emails lost etc

Its on his watch

About the premium rate, it is illegal to keep someone on hold on a premium rate number, it protects you as a consumer. Whilst yes, we can be kept waiting for an hour on the 0845 number, being kept waiting on a premium rate number could cost you a small fortune very quickly.
James
Grafter

When you phone the 0909 number, you are not in a queue. The phone will just ring, so you are not charged for the waiting time.
N/A

the maximum time that a company is allowed to keep a person on the phone for a premium rate call is for 30 minutes if i'm correct

And I don't think you're supposed to keep them on hold while you find something out, if they can't give you the answer then you should ring the customer back
James
Grafter

Think it's 20.
N/A

A slight deviation from the topic: In earlier times Mr Lee Strafford himself used to contribute rants and defences to the F9 user forum. Robust exchanges of views, let us say. Some of it was useful, some not, as for postings in general. But the postings by users become ridiculous, he finally lost patience (I don't think he has a lot), and I think decided to get on with running the company. He must have spent hours on the Forum. Pity he isn't present these days, it might save me a recvorded delivery.

John, leaving soon.