cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXdsl this morning!

Robtheplod
Grafter

MAXdsl this morning!

hi all, looks like i'm now on maxdsl after long wait - seems ok at 6mb, but just wanted to know if there is anything i should be doing to make this work, or just leave it and let it find it's own level??
thanks!!
5 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

MAXdsl this morning!

Not much to do.
Just make sure you reconnect once a day, so that it can find the best level for you.
And avoid multiple reboots if you can, as it tends to take these as line drops and lowers your rate accordingly.

But given time, whatever you do, it will sort out a suitable speed for you and keep checking that it's the right speed.
Robtheplod
Grafter

MAXdsl this morning!

thanks - i tend to leave my router on 24x7 - should i continue to do this?Huh
Alecto
Grafter

MAXdsl this morning!

No, just till it's settled to a good Stable Rate, reboot once or twice a day (no more).
Robtheplod
Grafter

MAXdsl this morning!

thanks. I've notice SNR has dropped from about 20 to 6...
Alecto
Grafter

MAXdsl this morning!

SNR of 6 is normal.. SNR drops as speed increases, and 6 is the target used by the exchange in determining your speed. Miine starts at 6, then goes down and back up depending on the state of god knows what during the day. Sometimes registers zero, never more than 6.

As long as the connection doesn't drop, it's OK. And if the connection does drop, it will just resync at a lower speed with an SNR of 6, till it gets it right.