cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXdsl on BT - working but QoS not good

N/A

I have an outstanding question about the inconsistent approach to MAXDSL upgrades.

why is it you cannot speak to anyone at plus.net and get a response.

I have an open problem about MAX DSL upgrades which takes 24 hrs to answer - it is because I am not a LLU customer

what does it take to get a proper answer.
18 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Nope, it's because of the sheer volume of tickets we're trying to battle through Sad

I've picked this one up for you though. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

thanks for your help - as a long-standing customer

but why cannot we talk 2 you anymore
N/A

plus.net for u - please read my update on the ticket
Community Veteran

Nope, it's because of the sheer volume of tickets we're trying to battle through Sad

Thought a recent note from PN stated ticket levels have returned to normal ... not true then?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Been upgraded but confused on how long it actually takes

got my upgrade - thanks Bob

but still unsure why not getting more than 2mb download

got a stable rate for 2 days - but left it until after the reboots at 4:30 but still no luck

posted another ticket - will see what happens next.

N/A

had a reply from CSC - but just the usual cut-and-paste

had a reply back from CSC - but got the usual cut-and-paste response telling me how the upgrade works - as though we did not know.

How my BRAS speed get sets soon -
RfC2k7
Dabbler

I had 2mb speeds for whole of first ten days then on tenth day it went up.
N/A

inconsitent

it's a little inconsistent and plus.net don't want to answer why -

rather than being ready the standard - this is 8mb and what to expect - should be able to give a proper technical answer -

I think that cos I am BT and not LLU
graingerjjb
Grafter

you should think yourself lucky -I've been moved to MaXdsl -I think as this hasn't been communicated to me yet, router was reporting DSL down of 6Mb but I can't connect.

Still waiting for plusnet to tell me what's going on but assume its a BT issue -back to dial up Sad
N/A

i still think that plus.net would have rather have LLU (tiscali) that BT - hope that there's no preference going on
N/A

still waiting

It’s been 7 days since my 8mb upgrade and still only getting 2mb downloads.

Raised a ticket, and added a number of updates but CSC has not updated it since Saturday.

appear to get the impression you just have to wait and see what happens - just a little annoying and frustrating that people who been upgraded and getting greater the 2mb downloads within a few days - but nothing for me.

Logged onto the BT speed tester domain and ran a test and that still shows around 1800

Does anyone know why this upgrade process is so inconsistent? Cannot get a response out of CSC, except - well read the notes on upgrades it can happen - how long will I have to wait before plus.net raise the issue with BT ?
RfC2k7
Dabbler

I had to wait the whole 10 days for my speeds to move from 2mb to what I have now.
N/A

who should be sorting out the problems - us or plus.net

looks like those people who cannot get connections or have since got worse, are reverting back to 2mb.

wny should we have to put up with this - why isn't someone asking - Why is this happening - we are having to put up with the hassle of complaining and trying to get things moving and wasting our time.

who should be doing this - US or plus.net ?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

This is one of the known problems with MAX and not something we can actually do much about before the end of the initial 10-14 days. The problem is that the BRAS profile on BT's side should update within 75 minutes of being regraded, but in some cases this doesn't work. The delays with the orders last week won't have helped any either and probably caused more than expected to see the same problem. I would expect the BRAS to update at some point after the first 10-14 days are up, but if it hasn't then let us know then and we can raise it.

wny should we have to put up with this

This is one of the reasons we've been very clear about the problems with Max whenever we've regraded anyone and part of why the regrade programme was put on hold on the first place. Problems happen, we know that and the best thing I can say is just to use your connection as normal and it should sort itself out.