cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXdsl Update

N/A

MAXdsl Update

Hello, Well i have been upgrade but was not able to use the connection all night! - borning!

The router when it connected (which lasted no longer than 30secs-1min) was just over 4mb per sec, and a 448k upload speed.

Any one else been having problems? - is this a general fault with the trial, or is it just me!!

---- update... just phoned customer services, looks like i been connected for over 12 hours now! - will check when i go home!
21 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

MAXdsl Update

Hi,

This could be due to the line settling into the new speed. As with MaxDSL it can take upto ten days after the upgrade for the line to stabalise and for the system to ascertain the Max Sustainable Rate, which is the rate that you should sync at most of the time.
N/A

MAXdsl Update

Cool - i am at work just now so cant check it, i know this is a trial, so i know things will not be all perfeat, just got to expect this things when they happen! Cool
N/A

MAXdsl Update

This connection is driving me crazy! Evil

One min its 8mb, really fast, the next its 4mb but disccounting me all the time!!

Just thought i would update people - just now MAXdsl is rubbish! - the word (unstable comes to mind) Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Moan over!
N/A

MAXdsl Update

Hi J,

Just remember its "yee old copper cable" mate! it wasnt orginally designed for an 8MB MAXDSL connection, in my book its utterly astonishing that anyone gets broadband of any speed really let alone 4/8MB's.

**Also J remember that most of us DONT have your speeds yet so count yourself extremely fortunate indeed. :lol: Cool

**I had alot of line instability for the first couple of weeks after my line was ADSL enabled so I think the problems your seing may eventually settle down but I feel sure that if you could get a BT DSL engineer to take a look at your line conditioning I'm sure some tweaking sounds in order. Once again it could be just excess noise or line balance or line attentuation issues all of which can be tested for and attempted remedies given. (IF you could get BT to have a look at it, but yes! must be very frustrating indeed that your speeds vary so much).

Ivan
N/A

MAXdsl Update

Its not really the speeds am i concerned about, the most anoying part is when i dont want to use the internet, it looks like its a stable connection, when i want to use it, it keeps loseing the sync to the exchange, thats the most anoyying.

J.

---- update ---- just phoned support centre.... bt have got back to them!!! - they found no fault!!! GARBAGE! - 32k both ways and thats not a fault! (before any one ask's i have changed the router/modem to make sure its not my end)

Is anyone else on maxdsl? - any problems?
N/A

MAXdsl Update

Hi J,

1) dont forget MAXDSL should be considered a new technology (YES! I know its still broadband but its a new form of ADSL) 2) BT are still in the learning process of installing it and making sure it works as expected, I suspect your experience is part of that learning i.e. your on a trial and thats part of it the trial that is! 3) loss of sync IS a very frequent BB problem and is often associated to high noise levels on the line again this can usually be remedied. Your problem still sounds like a line conditioning problem IMO and so should be tested for and remedial action taken.

**How about get F9 CS to pass it back to BT? just a thought?? :roll: if you havent don so already.

Ivan
N/A

MAXdsl Update

done that! - i think bt may have to come out to the house, i cant find anything which could be wrong with the line, (cant hear any noise on it) - but i am not a expert in bt lines, so what do i know! lol:

I know maxdsl is a trial, thats why am not really that bothered about it, and letting them get on with it. :lol: Shockedops:
N/A

MAXdsl Update

Hi J,

OK!! I'm no ADSL phone line expert either, but the bits I do know about are from direct experience and I know that some ADSL symptoms are classic ones and are obvious to someone like myself who have experienced them.

So in troubleshooting terms you can now eliminate your 1) KIT (router modem, filters,etc) 2) the line itself as BT says so. So OK what else does that leave you with??

**The MAXDSL technology itself, or a BT exchange related problem, the MAXDSL line card or the way your line is physically and electronically terminated at the exchange rack, or something else not yet identified within the phone system. I know this might not be that helpful but it sounds like its one to be passed back yet again to the BT DSL Engineers. So if its NOT your line condition what else could or is causing the loss of sync.

**I still have my bets on it being a line conditioning problem despite what their telling you? Dun know I'm guessing now though. Be interested to here the final outcome when it gets resolved though, keep me posted mate.

Ivan
N/A

MAXdsl Update

Connection seems to be stable now, been connected at 4.5 mb/per sec for over 2 days now! - going to leave the router in the bt switch for the next week (till after the 10 days)
N/A

MAXdsl Update

you never know - with all the xmas lights going on it might have affected it

me, i can't wait until they move the boundaries for 2mb, currently stuck at 1mb as line failed upgrade under the mass upgrade.

regards
mike
N/A

MAXdsl Update

Hope the trial goes well and keep the feedback coming back to us.

If you get one of the 'administrating moderators' trying to doubt what you are saying don't worry about it because I think they are all on f9/plusnet's payroll anyway.

It all comes down to how BT provide the service in the end but then after that its down to f9's bandwidth management :shock:
N/A

MAXdsl Update

Spidster,
If you get one of the 'administrating moderators' trying to doubt what you are saying don't worry about it because I think they are all on f9/plusnet's payroll anyway.
Sorry! but your utterly wrong, I may be a moderator but I do this unpaid, I'm an ordinary user like everyone else here including you. And I get no form of benefit from F9 PlusNet other than learning about IT and extending my own knowledge and the pleasure of helping others where I can.

So I resent your remarks about me being paid by F9, being a moderator is completely voluntary & I give my time for FREE just for the record. I'm also entitled to my own opinions too as a user and so YES! they may differ from yours or anyone else's.

**No! I get no freebee's from F9 either.

Ivan
N/A

MAXdsl Update

well said ivan

spidster, it's true the moderator's on here are doing it all for free, the one's being paid by f9 are the actuall customer support people who frequent these forums.

and no i'm not one of the mods either, i did think about it, but couldn't guarantee the time i could always put in, so decided against taking the offer up.

regards
mike
N/A

MAXdsl Update

I give an update later this week. (however it still looks stable to me)... tired just now.... just got home from shefield only 25 mins ago...

Talk later. J.