cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXDSL Modem trained 7424kbps actual 318kbps WHY ? ? ?

petsyb
Grafter

Hi
i've been on MAXDSL now for 4 days and my modem always says connected at above 7000kbps however the net is so slow and all test show well below 1000kbps download

I know i'm suppose to give it 10 days for them to set the speed however i'm worried it will get set at half a mb as this is what it seems to hover around
well below my old 2mb standard fast connection

anyone know why ? ? ?

alll the best

petsyb.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Yeahhhhhhh. Dont worry about it...You will get set at your 8000 or as I am 7000 and still get sub-standard speeds.. Im on day 20 and the most I have had is 3500 and that was at 3.30am... Router has said 8128 down and 448 up from day 1. So if I was you dont take any notice of the s.h.i.t.e you have read about maxdsl off this site anyhow
craign
Grafter

From Freedom2surf forums...

BRAS Profile
It was identified early on there were a number of customers who were having their BRAS profile set at 2Mbps despite their lines being able to achieve higher speeds. BT instigated a fix which reduced the number of lines affected; unfortunately they have now identified a separate issue where the BRAS profile is being set but then reverting back to customer's pre-MAX profile. BT has assured us that they are hoping to have a fix in place by the end of May.

and there are many other tales of woe on all isp forums relating to maxDSL.