cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX and Customer Service

aetos
Grafter

MAX and Customer Service

I am wondering if any one thinks that PN roll out of MAX has been an absolute disaster compounded by a non existant customer service and zero comunication.

I know that there where problems with BT bulk regrade tool (which i feel has been used a as a bit of a scape goat but PN's inaptitude and failure to look after the customer stinks.

I placed a jump the que ticket in April, this was a after PN e-mailed all their customers stating that over the next COUPLE if months we wil be upgrading our customers.....

The critera orginally stated by PN was thta our valued customers (Those who have been the longest) will be done first. The goal posts then where changed and PAYG where given priority !! (my bill is approx twice a PAYG one)

I run a small business and have refered customers of mine to PN, yes I get a referal fee but what makes me mad is when I see the new customers I have referred upgraded to 8MB MAx and yet I am still waiting with no sign on the horizon of an upgrade.

I have raised tickets as to when will I be upgraded to no avail.
I have re subbmitted to Jump the que to no avail.
I am unable to get a rough date as to when I will recieve MAX

Do PN care that they annoy their customers ??
Do they care ??
Do they engage in CUSTOMER (def: long established activity) Care (def: to be concerned)or service (def: an act of help)??

The problems with the e-mail etc withstanding PN need to take on board and note the finer points of Customer Care and COMUNICATE.

If they can send out an e-mail with customer details to 35k people surely a few emails on how or what they are doing would smooth many a problem with customers.

Take a leaf out of Microsofts book, they send me 5 or more e-mails a month informing me of what is happening, what is due and they even admit their mistakes and say if things are going to be delayed. ((CUSTOMER CARE))

PN made a big song and dance re customer service with one e-mail.
what is happening now, what has happened since, what is going to happen in the future.
Let the CUSTOMER know

When can we expect MAX, Let the CUSTOMER (one who pays for SERVICE(and your profit)) know

MArk
21 REPLIES
N/A

MAX and Customer Service

im having the same problem, sub 300kbps speeds since i was maxed over 8 weeks ago, trying to get help from PN is like trying to find rocking horse S!!T !!!
aussiegtc
Grafter

MAX and Customer Service

Indeed - sub 400kbps for me, when prior to Max I was into the 1800-2000kbps rate...

I've had a ticket open almost a month now with absolutely no idea what's happening. Last I heard they'd raised a fault with BT which would take 48-72 hours.... That was over a week ago now... <sigh>

I even resorted to asking for help on the forum in updating the ticket. Even that hasn't helped...
Naiad
Grafter

MAX and Customer Service

Here also.

Currently been stuck for ages now with a 500kbps rating which hasn't increased even though I get mostly over 2Mb synch rates. Apparently the odd intermittent and inexplicable cutoff and low resynch and your speed is stuffed. It's supposed to increase again after three days of higher synch but that's NOT happening here.

Raised ticket #19861514 on Tues 18 July. This was swapped onto another, #19872754, by PN to make me go through the line tests/ plugging into the mastersocket hoops, all of which found nothing I could fix. I went right down to less than 130kbps for well over a week even though I was having synchs at 1.7 up to 2.3Mbps all the time.
Thurs 3 Aug someone added a note to my ticket to say it was being moved to another dept to get me 'a quicker response' - since when... zilch!

Speed currently still under 500 kbps mark, but that is HALF what I used to get on my lovely, mostly solid pre-Max connection. I don't expect anywhere near 8Mb on my long line and I didn't ask to be Maxed. It isn't working and no-one seems to give a damn about telling me what's happening, let alone fixing things.

Can we PLEASE have some action on this issue. Can someone read the whole of my ticket and DO something about it. Customer Service is at rock bottom in my opinion.
N/A

MAX and Customer Service

I have had calls open since early May. Plus' own staff finally accepted that I qualified for a reverse migration (llu -> btw,) but nothing has happened.

Over the weekend, there was a brief flurry of support activity when one of their staff posted this update:

<snip>

Please disable all firewall software and retest.

Please see below traceroute which shows a firewall blocking your connection.

</snip>

...to which I responded that it's grossly insecure to disable a firewall. Additionally, my calls have included several hundred lines of router logs that indicate a major adsl connectivity fault. A noddy ping script is not going to be particularly enlightening.

There followed some more support to end-user ping pong, but they have not updated the call since Sunday. Mind you, I did state:

<snip>

Plus migrated my adsl connection to tiscali llu without my consent. Whilst I understand that this was contrary to your internal procedure, I did not have the opportunity to opt out.

Your own staff indentified a simple llu->btw migration as a viable step to resolve the problem on the 19th of July. I contend that this is a reasonable endeavour and I would be grateful if you could provide answers to the following questions:

1. why was the llu->btw migration not carried out?

2. what actions (and when,) have plus carried out to resolve this fault since the 19th of July?

</snip>

...so that could explain the delay.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

MAX and Customer Service

Evening all,

@mdsheating, I answered the Question on your account earlier on this evening although I'm afraid it's not good news Sad

@andrewbutton, the fault has been escalated back to BT. Hopefully we can have this resolved shortly!

@allegedly, Your bRAS profiling has increased again. Have a look at the comments I've added to your Question and let us know how you would like to proceed.

@paulspandler, apologies for the delayed turnaround. I have moved things in the right direction for you. It may be a number of days before your request is actioned though.

Hope this helps.

Oh and aetos, you should be regraded to IPStream Max Premium tommorrow at some point Cheesy

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Naiad
Grafter

MAX and Customer Service

At last, the cavalry arrives. ;-)

Thank you Bob!

My speed's now increased again and if only it stays like this I'll be happy. I've replied on my ticket.
N/A

MAX and Customer Service

@paulspandler, apologies for the delayed turnaround. I have moved things in the right direction for you.

Thank you.
aussiegtc
Grafter

MAX and Customer Service

Thanks Bob!

BT Wholesale rang me today and will be sending out an engineer to visit tomorrow to check the line out from my master socket to the exchange...

Looks like we're finally on the right track! I appreciate it greatly....

Cheers,
Andrew
N/A

MAX and Customer Service

andrew:

hope it is your line then Smiley
aussiegtc
Grafter

MAX and Customer Service

Well, it's a start.

There appears to be other issues with my connection (lack of delta reports being generated), but BT have indicated they are also seeing increased resistance on the line...

To be honest, I'm just happy someone has finally taken this seriously enough to send someone out to have a look.

I suspect it's more to do with the way MaxDSL works than the line - but hey, once the BT engineer is in the door at least we will rule out line problems one way or the other...
aussiegtc
Grafter

MAX and Customer Service

So - BT visited today. Master socket synches at around 4MB/s... extension sockets synch at around 2MB/s... appears likely there was an internal wiring problem and also major issues with MaxDSL retraining after bad weather!

Transfer rate is still stuck at 400kbps. According to the BT guy, they (1) cap it at that once a fault is raised and (2) it'll take 3 days at least for it to drop back to the full rate (around 1800kbps in my case).

Yes, I know, I could connect to the master socket and connect at double the speed - but my master socket is in the airing cupboard with the boiler and hardly ideal for connecting routers/phones and the like! I'm investigating having the socket moved somewhere more accessible, but we'll see...

I'll be happy to be back to my 2MB/s connection for now!

Interestingly, although I'm sure PN might have something to say about it - the BT engineer said that they "have to come out" if we're reporting faulty lines and we can call them out as often as required... guess the problem lies in having to go through PN to get to BT Wholesale. Not sure how true the guy's statement is, but it came straight from a BT person...

My view on the whole thing - no-one (including BT) are really sure how this MaxDSL training thing works and it causes major headaches for everyone. Synch speeds vs. download speeds combined with ever changing line quality that the MaxDSL product "tries to cope with" is the problem.

I heard a little rumour from BT today that in future, if you're on MAX, the only thing they'll check in future is whether you synch or not from the master socket... the exchange equipment will give you the "most stable experience based on your line quality" - end of story...

Interesting times ahead...

So - I've been at 2MB/s synch now for 7 hours... here's hoping in 3 days time BT unlock my profile and unleash the bps!
aussiegtc
Grafter

MAX and Customer Service

Although, I have heard (and I'd appreciate feedback), that ADSL2+ provides for both downward resynch AND upward resynch... ie. the proper "dynamic adjustment" we'd expect, vs ADSL1 where all we get is a drop in speed if the line quality drops off... and no way to increase the speed when it gets better...
N/A

Re: MAX and Customer Service

I am wondering if any one thinks that PN roll out of MAX has been an absolute disaster compounded by a non existant customer service and zero comunication.

I know that there where problems with BT bulk regrade tool (which i feel has been used a as a bit of a scape goat but PN's inaptitude and failure to look after the customer stinks.

I don't think it is just Plusnet, I have friends at Eclipse and BT Openreach and they have been put through the ringer on this as well.

Although the non existant customer service is a BIG problem for Plusnet.
N/A

MaxDSL

Just in case any of the powers that be are reading, I'm still waiting for my regrade to MaxDSL. I asked if I could jump the queue back in June, and a message was returned to say it would be done, but have heard nothing since, and my mother-in-law, who I referred ages ago, has had hers 'turned on' while I haven't.

The ticket number was 19679306, on June 23.

I'll bet the Evil Empire (BT) are behind this.