cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

gladman
Grafter

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

I would like a clear statement from PlusNet on the MAX DSL regrade policy in respect of the order of submissions to BT.

My understanding is that, once the 4M and 8M accounts have been submitted for regrade, all 2M accounts, ***irrespective of their type ***, will then be submitted in an order that is determined by the length of time that a customer has been with PlusNet (not the length of time they have been on ADSL).

Since I have a 2M ADSL product and have now been with PlusNet for more than 5 years, I would expect to have seen a regrade order by now.

But nothing has happened.

So what is it about the policy that I am missing?

Brian Gladman
69 REPLIES
N/A

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

Given that I am on an obsolete package whereby I pay 29.99 a month for 2Mb/s, does this mean I am notionally on a higher rung? As usual no indication of place in the queue... Sad
N/A

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

Brian, all that is missing is CLARITY from PlusNet.

An official statement along the lines of yours detailing what sequence regrades are being submitted and also an indication of the progress along that sequence ("we have today submitted 7 orders covering accounts from Jan 2001 to Mar 2001") would clear up a large percentage of the threads on here and ADSL guide too. Surely, if PN are following a procedure for selecting accounts it can be documented? They have falsely raised expectations of an instant regrade (yet again) and now seem unwilling to explain their actions.

Julian
gladman
Grafter

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

I can only agree. I was pleased to see that length of stay with PlusNet was going to be rewarded with an early place in the queue. But I find it hard to believe that anyone who joined in 2000 would not be fairly near the front after the 4M and 8M accounts.

But the fact that nothing has happened makes me suspicious that the policy is not as it has been announced. And I am now wondering why my questions on this here and on ADSL guide are not being answered.

Brian Gladman

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Removed quote from preceeding post. It is not necessary and against the rules.]
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

Hi,

I just posted this in another thread, but should answer your question.

We've been discussing the best ways in which to get the orders into BT's systems with BT Wholesale for quite a while now. We've been able to increase the number of orders to about 1000 per day.

All the customers on the the old up to 4 and 8Mbps accounts should now have modify orders placed and should be regraded end of this week/beginning of next.

We've started submitting orders for customers on the old up to 2Mbps accounts now. These are being processed on a customer's billing date. Should there be more customers billed on a particular date than we can submit orders for then we will select the customers based on how long they've been a customer.
Midville
Grafter

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

Dave,

a quick question I upgraded to the new Opt 2 product before 1 April, what order should that product to processed in?

Thanks in advance.
N/A

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

@dtomlinson
what was the first billing date for which "customers on the old upto 2 mbps accounts" were submitted for re-grading?

Ray
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

a quick question I upgraded to the new Opt 2 product before 1 April, what order should that product to processed in?

If you upgraded before 31st March then I think the regrade should already be in the system, if it was on or after 31st then I'd need to check it and get back to you.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

what was the first billing date for which "customers on the old upto 2 mbps accounts" were submitted for re-grading?

I think it was yesterday but will check and confirm it and get back to you.
gladman
Grafter

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

Hi,

I just posted this in another thread, but should answer your question.

We've been discussing the best ways in which to get the orders into BT's systems with BT Wholesale for quite a while now. We've been able to increase the number of orders to about 1000 per day.

All the customers on the the old up to 4 and 8Mbps accounts should now have modify orders placed and should be regraded end of this week/beginning of next.

We've started submitting orders for customers on the old up to 2Mbps accounts now. These are being processed on a customer's billing date. Should there be more customers billed on a particular date than we can submit orders for then we will select the customers based on how long they've been a customer.

Thank you Dave, that is helpful. Since my billing date is tomorrow I will be able to see this policy in operation very quickly.

Brian Gladman
N/A

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

Do people on old £29.99 packages qualify as Option 2? Given that I have never changed my package since 2004 and my billing date was 2nd April (therefore I have no idea what the package has migrated to), where does that put me?!?
Community Veteran

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

I think it was yesterday but will check and confirm it and get back to you.

Hi Dave, sincerely, you are one of the few PN staff that gives consistent feedback and status information. I would be very grateful if you can check what has happened to my account today. Did I get in the queue for MaxDSL? Shocked Today, the 11th is my billing date and the ticket on my account still is not resolved. Cry

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

I though upgrades for Premier customers on equivalent of Option 1 were going to be submitted based upon how long they've been a PlusNet customer? This new system seems a little on the unfair side for those with a billing date early in the month, someone whose been with PlusNet for years could end up being right at the back of the queue whereas someone who signed up last month could be at the front.
Alecto
Grafter

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

In rough terms, with 200,000 customers and 30 days a month, there should be about 6,500 customers for each billing day.
So even if you joined when Noah was a lad, your regrade will take no longer than 30 days to get submitted, depending on your billing day.

At 1,000 a day, it will be into the 7th month before the newest joiners are regraded.
So it is unlikely that anyone who joined long after you will be regraded before you, though some who joined slightly after you, but have an earlier billing day, may well be.

Have I worked this out right?
N/A

MAX DSL Regrade Policy

It seems that way, which means there are much faster ways of getting upgraded to MAX