cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MACs: "Issues at BT"

N/A

I'll leave out all the details of the long story, but the upshot is that I have requested to get the hell away from PN. I requested an IPStream MAC since PN performed LLU on my line after I cancelled the account (had to move out of the house for 4 months) which I only confirmed after I reactivated the account.

So PN got back an LLU MAC and have been having "issues at BT" for 8 days and unable to supply my IPStream MAC. So far I have not been able to get any details on these "issues" or how they are going to get solved and in which century.

In the meantime, broadband is unusable and I cannot move to another ISP because I do not have a MAC. I am also bearing in mind that another ISP may take 7-10 days to get me active as well.

So my question is:
Has anyone else encountered these "issues at BT"?

If not I suspect there has just been another cockup from screwing around with my line.
61 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi there,

I've just been and chat a chat with James, who deals with the reverse migrations. He's shown me a list of roughly ten of our customers that we are seeing similar delays with.

As the whole reverse migration scheme is still just a trial, we don't have the contacts that we usually do when dealing with our BT issues, but James is currently pushing for this and hopes your order will be completed shortly, but unfortunately has no way of finding out when.
N/A

Thanks for the quick reply James.

Can you tell me what these "issues" are and if there is anything that can be done to speed up the process?

I have started to wonder if a cease and connection would be a quicker route.
James
Grafter

I'm afraid the information you have is about as much information as we're getting from BT. They're only telling us that they are currently experiencing delays without any specifics. James is currently trying to establish a contact within BT so that we can try to get some further information.
N/A

Thanks. Its just that I've been trying to get out for a month now and need adsl back on in a weeks time. Given the connection time with a new ISP on Entanet, I can't see this happening.

Would be useful to know what the delay is down to, for example if it is the way that tiscali undo the LLU so that you guys can resolve it with them for future punters.
James
Grafter

If that were the case, all reverse migration orders would be suffering from delays, not only a small number.
N/A

Beyond a link:censored joke.

Look, I really don't want to have a go at you support guys and I really do hope that if/when you get bought by BT/whoever you have to put up with less hassle caused by the provision of a service which has become legendarily bad, but this situation is taking the piss so I have no option.

This is beyond a link:censored joke now. Its 12 days since I should have had a BT MAC. Do I really need to remind Plusnet that they cause this situation by performing LLU on my line AFTER I CANCELLED my account, then when I reordered provided me with a completely unusable service.

Added to that Plusnet tried to bill me yesterday.

I move back into the house this weekend and as far as I can see I have no chance whatsoever of ADSL this side of christmas. This has been dragging on for more than a month with no prospect of resolution.

Now I do not care who has link:censored up. I don't care if BT have issues. I don't care IF Tiscali have screwed up the LLU MAC. I want it sorted. NOW.

Plusnet caused the problem in the first place. Whether the problem is at BT, Tiscali or whoever makes no difference. Its still Plusnet's responsibility to sort it.

Even if I have some sympathy for Plusnet support guys who may be banging their heads against the proverbial brick wall trying to get information out of any other company, it makes little difference to the fact that Plusnet have screwed up my line and it needs sorting.

I don't care how you do it. I don't care if the quickest resolution is a cease order on the line and a new activation (which I link:censored if I am paying for) but I want some action on this.

Kick over some rocks please, James.

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Removed obscured words which un-obscured would have been filtered automatically : link:rules ]

Edit: Noted.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I would suggest the only way you'll have ADSL this side of Christmas is to order a second line from BT and then get ADSL put on to that from a different ISP. Only practical if changing your number is not a problem. Once done cancel the old BT line which will kill the LLU ADSL.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Depressing but probably accurate, Elvin. Paying £150 for a fork-up which should never have happened in the first place. Assuming BT could actually do it as well. Plus the hassle of changing numbers.

Nightmare.
N/A

LLU Hell

I have similar issues to you. I was LLU'd without prior notice at the begining of August and it all went t*ts up. I requested a return to BT at the start of October....and still waiting. The usual excuses from Plusnet. Didn't get any reasons as to WHY there was a delay. In the end i have ceased with Plusnet. Even that takes a month Shocked So now i havn't had ANY internet access from my home address since the 13th October and Plusnet still charged me till my cease date. Boy am i going to be claiming that back or what!!!!
N/A

Luckily I have on a support ticket and email that they would not be charging. Now no doubt I will just have to contact the credit checkers (Experian & whoever else these days) since I blocked the DD.
carrot63
Grafter

@vbhol01 - well said. I'm in the same boat with currently 2 months waiting and zero useful information provided on the ticket - soem evidence ( or even noises) of action would make me feel a bit less depressed.

That none of us ever asked to be LLU'd makes it all the worse. My contract is with PN, NOT with tiscali BT or anyone else, I really, really do not give a fuck what PNs problems are. Just fucking well sort it please.
N/A

Luckily I have on a support ticket and email that they would not be charging. Now no doubt I will just have to contact the credit checkers (Experian & whoever else these days) since I blocked the DD.
I was offered the customary "carrot" of 1 month's unconditional free ??service?? which I accepted. Then I cancelled the DD and so far the bean counters haven't complained. AFAIC that's how it should be, as they shouldn't be attempting to claim payment (last Monday). 'Course it could be that the bean counting dept has gone tits up, in line with the rest of Plusnet, but I suspect that hell would freeze over first. :lol:

'Fraid I lost my rag after only receiving 1 spam in 24 hours and used my MAC to move to Fast4, it was the final straw, Plusnet. :twisted:

I suppose that's a bit hypocritical, after moaning about the amount of spam and lack of filtering, then complaining because I didn't get any at all!! :mrgreen:
N/A

2 months? ffs.

OK plusnet hows about an alternate solution? Is there any way that you can get BT to reset everything on the line completely, cancel all ADSL on the line and start afresh? I can't believe there is no solution that can be used to kick this up the arse and get us back up and running short of getting a new phone line
N/A

To be fair to PN, I have to say that James K got back to me this morning to let me know he had sorted out the billing, so I have no worries with the direct debit.

I know the poor sods in PN support are in an awkward situation with this, but there must be a solution which does not have us hanging around for 2 months plus.