cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC key supplied by PlusNet incorrect - what should I do?

N/A

Hi,

I have just had a telephone call from the ISP I am migrating to - they tell me the MAC key provided by plusnet to me was beingrejected by the BT wholesale systems :shock: I confirmed it with the lady on the telephone and double checked it and it is the definitely the one PN gave me. What should I do? I have checked BT for any "pending" LLU transfers but there's nothing on there :?

30 REPLIES
N/A

oh - looks like Plus sent a regrade off for MAX to BT after I requested my MAC, which is why they've rejected it.

I don't know if to laugh or cry..
N/A

:lol: - Sorry I know I shouldn't laugh but it seems they will do anything to keep people here - :roll:
N/A

Surely all such processes should be halted if a user has requested their MAC? Are they going to try to move people to LLU after they've requested their MAC too? I thought this was not possible.
Farcical.
I hope someone at PlusNet sorts this out ASAP so you can successfully migrate.
N/A

Surely all such processes should be halted if a user has requested their MAC? Are they going to try to move people to LLU after they've requested their MAC too?

There seems a good chance of it, yes.
N/A

Maybe it's time for those of us who've requested our MAC's to raise tickets to attempt to ensure this doesn't happen. It would be a lot easier for someone to actually tell us all on the forums, but if they want a load more tickets, so be it!

How can one ISP turn two such great things (LLU and MaxDSL) into negatives!
N/A

:lol: - Sorry I know I shouldn't laugh but it seems they will do anything to keep people here - :roll:

LoL - it's a funny old world sometimes it really is :lol:

Anyway, I've requested it be cancelled, seems a shame when they could be regrading someone else who is staying
N/A

Anyway, I've requested it be cancelled, seems a shame when they could be regrading someone else who is staying

Yerp, the haphazard and uninformed ways they've rolled out MaxDSL and LLU has meant they've made inefficient use of their allocations as well as losing customers. It takes a lot of work to be that stupid!
N/A

Maybe it's time for those of us who've requested our MAC's to raise tickets to attempt to ensure this doesn't happen. It would be a lot easier for someone to actually tell us all on the forums, but if they want a load more tickets, so be it!

I can tell you the answer now.

It'll be read from the script in a grey monotone voice "there is no opt-out". Doesn't matter that you wern't asking about an opt-out, that'll still be the answer.
N/A

Sadly I think that is true. But to be honest I've reached the point where I feel that the amount of hassle and inconvenience PlusNet have caused for us should be returned in kind Wink
N/A

Well the original request was placed at (Wednesday 18:32) on Wednesday. Had a reply yesterday saying I owed them £47 pounds what do I want to do (Thursday 14:04). Replied (Thursday 14:06) saying take the payment from the Debit card details on my account. I have had nothing since.

So the next step is either:

1) We have taken your payment here is your MAC.
2) Sorry the billings department are on holiday until Tuesday
3) We have submitted your account for upgrade so can't issue a MAC
4) No response at all.

So place your bets, what do you think it will be.

It just seems that Plusnet will keep you anyway they can, even if it is by just grinding you down.
N/A

I'm going for a 4, followed by a 2 after some hassle (probably as a retroactive excuse rather than an apology) then a 3, eventually followed by 1 after more delays and hassle.
N/A

The same happened wth me. The first supplied was already used. So I requested a new one which is currently working.
N/A

Sounds like a systematic way of trying to keep people.

Only succeeding in making people even more hacked off.
N/A

I received a reply to my ticket asking for a guarantee that they would not interfere with my MAC and got this reply
We do not issue those orders if there is a cancellation or migration request in process

Which is clearly incorrect.