cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC key requested

N/A

MAC key requested

Have decided Plusnet isn't for me. The speeds during the day are great but in an evening they are a nowhere near in the same league, also the SUP will affect me so I am going elsewhere. Plusnet is a good service (once it is working :lol: ) and will fit the needs of most people, but for heavy internet users like myself they are not good enough.
19 REPLIES
N/A

MAC key requested

Good, what ISP you off to? I'm off to freedom2surf, migration slated for the 12th Oct.

J
N/A

MAC key requested

I'm off to Zen
N/A

MAC key requested

Zen is prob the best ISP out there, bit costly though. Hope everything goes well...

J
N/A

MAC key requested

I'm off too - originally came on here to raise a ticket about slow speeds at night and was horrified to read the tales of what Plusnet have been up to... It's certainly not what I signed up for, and not what I have been used too from Plus in the past. Shame to see them go downhill so fast. I've been out of the country for the majority of this year (spent less than two months in the UK since January) but I still kept my account going, so it's not like I've been downloading masses of stuff constantly, I've had no warning emails so I'm not on traffic management, but my connection is awful when I've wanted to use it since I got back last Saturday. Great until 4pm and then again after midnight, but awful during that period - simply don't believe that this is happening by accident or fault.

I'm going to UKOnline - 8mb for 29.99 (genuinely unlimited) with ADSL2+ launching in the next month. ADSLGuide forums seem to indicate most users are satisfied with them...

No-brainer. Requesting my MAC code later today.
N/A

MAC key requested

Of course, that's assuming I can ever get through to them to request it :roll:

"We are currently experiencing difficulties with our internal phone system... Blah blah blah"
Alecto
Grafter

MAC key requested

Raise a ticket - they might get to that before you can get through on the phone.

Or perhaps even faster would be carrier pigeon. Tongue
N/A

MAC key requested

I didn't realise you could do it via a ticket - when I migrated to Plus my old ISP insisted you did it over the phone!

Anyway, ticket has been raised. Hopefully they will get to it soon. Thanks for the suggestion Smiley
N/A

MAC key requested

Okay, they said I need to pay 14.99 before they'll generate my MAC code - is that normal?

I've agreed to pay cos now I've decided I just want to get away, just wondered if that was the same for everyone? I can't quite remember when I joined Plus but it's definitely over a year ago...

Oh well.
N/A

MAC key requested

Well I got my MAC key within an hour! :shock: So i tip my hat to Plus CS for that
N/A

MAC key requested

Okay, so I queried why I was being charged 14.99 and they said:

"Due to it not being 1 year since you migrated in, we would request the return of the £14.99 migration fee of which we waived when you migrated in, to be paid in full before the MAC key is provided."

Yet when I check my account details in the member centre it says:

" Your Account and Payment Details
Service
PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 2Mb (Monthly Contract, No Modem)
Started
7 Sep 2004"

:shock:

Did they make a year 13 months long while I was in the US?
Alecto
Grafter

MAC key requested

Well that's what it says at the side of your name as well.
And even if it's 13 months, today's the 7th of October, so you need only wait till tomorrow.
Did they tell you what date you joined on according to them?
We should be told.
N/A

MAC key requested

:lol: That's quality, maybe it's a financial year or somethingHuh
N/A

MAC key requested

Got my MAC key about 5-6 hours after raising a ticket.

PlusNet either have a *lot* of customers who are very light users, and we are the minority, or they are hellbent on self-destruction. Whatever, I'm off.

Bye.
N/A

MAC key requested

I pointed it out to them and got the following reply:

"Sorry this was a mistake on our pargt you actually went active on the 06-10-2004.
Therefore your fist year is now complete and that charge would be waived.
Is there any reason you are wishing to migrate away and is there anything we can do to retain your custom."

(the typos are theirs not mine by the way Cheesy)

I'm glad I don't have to pay but should I really have to make an effort not to be ripped off? How can you make a mistake with that? They must have looked at the date to decide whether or not I had to pay?

If I was the cynical type I would think they knew full well when I joined and were trying to steal that 14.99 from me, but I'm the trusting, happy go lucky type Cheesy

The whole thing gets a big :roll: from me though. Hardly a good way to convince me to stay is it?