cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC key refused - So please cease my broadband ASAP

N/A

Re: ID: 20149233 and ID: 20133706 and ID: 20221069

Having waited 7 days for a MAC key, and later having informed Plusnet that I simply wish to cease my broadband connection, today I got this response from Plusnet:

Unfortunatley there has been a delay due to technical difficulties with the supplier and they are unable to generate MAC keys at the moment.

We have been advised by the supplier to hold any MAC requests at the until the issue has been resolved. Once we have been given confirmation from the suppliers that the issue has been resolved we can then proceed as normal.

We apologies for this delay and any inconvenience this may cause.

I can assure we are working closely with the supplier to ensure we are kept up to date and resolution is met promptly.

Regards,
James Kirkham

I do not wish to wait for a MAC key as SKY have informed me that I must simply cease my current broadband conection and that later my line will be reactivated. I wish to CEASE my broadband connection from Plusnet in order to move to SKY. Can someone from Plusnet please deal with this with no further delays.
8 REPLIES
N/A

The best way to get this actioned quickly is by raising a ticket. I'm pretty sure PN won't cease your account based upon a post in the forum, although they may see this post and get in touch to confirm your position.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there

The cease has now been placed and your tickets updated. I'm currently trying to find more information regarding the MAC issues and will post here as I get it.
N/A

Thanks for your help Mand.

I understand that 30 days notice is required to cease my broadband account. After the final payment is made on 8th September I would prefer my broadband service to cease as soon as possible. Can this be sooner than 30 days please as I recall reading somewhere on the forums that the service could be ceased within 7 days if a customer wished.

Regards,
RD
craigbrass
Grafter

I got the same response. Aparently, from what I can gather, there is a problem in the Tiscali <> BT system that gets you a MAC code. I am told they will all be proceesed tommorow though which is cool. No good to you now tho.

I'm pretty sure PN won't cease your account based upon a post in the forum

Guess you were wrong eh James Tongue
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Can this be sooner than 30 days please as I recall reading somewhere on the forums that the service could be ceased within 7 days if a customer wished.

We can normally arrange this, if you raise a ticket the broadband operations team should be able to reschedule it (will take 7-10 days to complete).
Grimbo
Grafter

Slightly off topic, but I've never understood why something like this should take 7 -10 days!

Surely it should just be a case of somebody typing something into a keyboard somewhere.

Like if I subscribe to Sky, it is done within 2 minutes - I imagined it would be a similar kind of thing!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Most of the work to activated or cease a broadband line is done electronically, we tap in the details on our side, BT's computers and database "do some stuff", but there's still a bit of manual work required to send an engineer out to the exchange to jumper or unjumper the line to the DSLAM equipment.

It's for this reason that there's a 7 day lead time (and why some people are activated early or some customer still have sync for a day or two after a cease) because some exchanges may only have an engineer visit once or twice a week.
N/A

Guess you were wrong eh James

It ain't the first time, and I don't think it'll be the last.
Glad to be wrong though this time.