cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC code

Marco
Grafter

MAC code

I migrated to PlusNet, then paid a £14.99 one-off fee to be upgraded to 2mb. I have a BB+ connection for which I pay monthly on the 30th.

I think, after 6 months here, I'd like to move on now. I've seen people talk about a mac code fee. This is unusual - do you have to pay to get your mac code from PN? Also how much notice is required to cancel? I pay by DD one month in advance

Thanks Smiley
5 REPLIES
willhome
Grafter

MAC code

your not cancelling so no notice not sure about fees tho
Community Veteran

MAC code

All products have a 30 day notice period and any normal monthly payments due during that 30 day notice period must also be paid. Any paid for days after the 30 day notice period can be refunded but you must ask for it..

There is no MAC fee, however there may be payments necessary to complete any contractualy obligations like deferred activation / hardware and in the case of people migrating in then out again within 12 months, a £14.99 deferred migration in fee as detailed in the T&C for migrating in. Once all these payments have been made, PlusNet will issue you your MAC.
Marco
Grafter

MAC code

OK, Thanks

To summarise then

1) To ask for my MAC on 23/1/06 is taken as a cancellation from that date
2) Because I migrated in I owe £14.99 for activation because I'm not staying for 12 months
3) 30 days notice takes me to 21 Feb. I pay till...oh I can't be Link:censored it's only £14.99
4) How long does it take to to get the MAC, if I pay any invoices immediately?

Ta

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Avoidance of swear filter removed.
Community Veteran

MAC code

Usually 1 or 2 days, 5 at the most. PN will try to ring you to find out why you are leaving which usually delays things by a day or so. If you don;t want them to ring, state this is the ticket asking for your MAC and they should issue it quicker.
Marco
Grafter

MAC code

Thanks again Pete, that's useful