cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC code question

N/A

MAC code question

Hi All

If a "MAC code" is requested does that automatically start the migration process: or if need be can it not be used and just left to expire at the end of 30 days?
9 REPLIES
N/A

MAC code question

Hi,

The migration process is only started when you give your new ISP the MAC code. Otherwise, like you said, it just expires after 30 days and is forgotten about.

Also when you request a MAC, PlusNet's retention team will probably give you a call to try and ..retain you!
N/A

MAC code question

Hi Ian,

As I understand it ,if a mac is issued and not used after 30 days, everything remains as is.
N/A

MAC code question

Thanks Chris

it was in the back of my mind; that was the situation but just needed clarification.
N/A

MAC code question

And Mark
N/A

MAC code question

One more thing if I may

What is meant by an "engineer install"? Can an engineer visiting to remove an ISDN Home Highway box and change the phone socket faceplate count as one?
N/A

MAC code question

As far as I have seen yes. On the occaisions this has happened for our clients, the isdn has been removed and adsl activated at the same time.

And so far, we havent seen one messed up. Smiley
N/A

MAC code question

As far as I have seen yes. On the occaisions this has happened for our clients, the isdn has been removed and adsl activated at the same time.

Not sure if I wrote the question correctly :-( I am wondering about this as I have seen that in somecases having an "engineer intallation' can make migrating problematic.
N/A

MAC code question

Ah, yes Ian. I know where you are coming from. I did read recently, maybe on ADSL guide, of this being an issue, at least for one ISP.

Maybe Dave can clear this one up, if he hasnt slipped home yet. Smiley
N/A

MAC code question

Thanks once again Mark