cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC code for migration.. whats the procedure?

N/A

Hi PlusNet,

I would like to know whats the procedure to obtain the MAC key, so I can migrate to another ISP. Also how long would it take to obtain the MAC key from you? if i requested it today how long would it take?

There are lots of reason wanting to move now, just by seeing whats happening on the forums and the service is appalling, and also think that if I upgrade I will not get a better service as in download speed I am getting 15kb average and I am on BB+ I used to get like above 2000kb, so I will let you guys work it out, why I want to go to another ISP.

Whats the likelyhood i will be getting those high speeds again on bb+ (ab0ve 2000kb)? is there any chance? I just want an honest answer.

I am really confused, I am just paying for a service that is not delivering anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Shehzad Safdar
23 REPLIES
sam
Grafter

Hi,

You will need to raise a ticket to the support centre for you mac key, the mac key should be with you within a few hours, but this will depend on the workload of the support guys. Wink

I cannot say if the speeds on Plus will ever be the same as they were before, there are too many variables to take into consideration, but I truly believe that things will get better for Plus customers over the next few weeks.
rammie1976
Grafter

...but I truly believe that things will get better for Plus customers over the next few weeks.

I'm sure you do believe that. However those +net customers who have been here a while have heard it all before, again & again. :roll:
Liam
Grafter

We are currently operating in a "Plan B" scenario. That is that we know there is a problem, and that the product isn't performing how we would like. The network, for Plus customers, is contended at a higher level than it would be normally (and under a Plan A scenario).

We'll be solving that when we add in more net capacity and increase the budgeted amount of capacity we provision for Plus customers. This won't happen overnight - but it will happen.

Premier and PAYG customers are getting a much better Gold traffic experience now, however.
N/A

thanks lmartin, samisimpison, so if i upgrade to premier, would i get better download speed? like bb+. if i change to premier, and i dont see any improvement at all... can i go back to BB+ without charge?

And if i change to premier would i expect these improvements right a way?

i want to stay with plusnet.. i really dont want to change but its really forcing my hand due to the service.
Liam
Grafter

You would almost undoutedly see a benefit from moving to Premier, but your usage is a lot higher than what is sustainable on Plus.

I won't be able to offer a free downgrade to Plus simply because Plus is not a suitable product for you anyway. I'd strongly advise upgrading before moving as I'm confident you'll see a performance increase.
Uncle_Meat
Grafter

thanks lmartin, so if i upgrade to premier, would i get better download speed? like bb+. if i change to premier, and i dont see any improvement at all... can i go back to BB+ without charge?

And if i change to premier would i expect these improvements right a way?

i want to stay with plusnet.. i really dont want to change but its really forcing my hand due to the service.

I've just done the exact same thing myself, gone from BB+ to Prem for what sounds like the same reason as you would like to.

I'll be starting a thread later in the evening once peak-time is upon us with some speedtests and "how it feels browsing" reports, comparing what Premier appears to perform like compared to my last few weeks on BB+. So, hold yer horses for another day before you commit yourself, I've got no reason to be biased here so I'll not be spinning any tales of goodness where I don't see them, and hopefully this might help you make up your mind with regards whether to upgrade or not.

Just for the record, so far so good. Sites that were already nippy enough off-peak on BB+ feel just that bit nippier still on Prem, so things appear to be looking up so far.
N/A

thanks lozharrison, lmartin.

right if i upgrade, and dont find any improvement... could u ensure me that I would able to get my mac code and migrate to another isp... I am willing to upgrade before i change due i want to stay with plusnet.. I have not had any problems with u guys in the past just now with the current situation, is really putting me off PLUSNET.

also if I upgrade, could u ensure me lmartin that my request goes through seamingly..? i really dont want any problems.

Thanks, shehzad.
sam
Grafter

Hi shehzadsafdar,

If you go to premier and decide that you are still not satisfied with us, then of course we will provide you with the mac code.

There should be no problems when you move the account, although if you want to let us know when you have upgraded the account, we can have a look and ensure that there are no problems.
Liam
Grafter

Yep.. I'll make sure it goes through fine..

It'll be instant (it may ask you for a small pro-rata payment by card) and yes, nothing would stop you obtaining a MAC key if you require one following the change. There are no contractual changes etc...
N/A

thanks lmartin, im going to upgrade now... ill post when its done. so u can check ure end if its gone through and etc. Thanks.
N/A

right lmartin ive upgraded... it was pretty quick. could you ensure me thats gone through correctly.. etc. thanks
Liam
Grafter

This is now active for you. Quick reboot of your modem or router in about 15minutes time should sort it for you.
Uncle_Meat
Grafter

right lmartin ive upgraded... it was pretty quick. could you ensure me thats gone through correctly.. etc. thanks

Remember to reboot your router/reboot your PC if you hav a USB modem after the upgrade has been confirmed. Just a simple disconnection/reconnection does not appear to be enough for the new settings to "take effect". That caught me out this morning!
N/A

right ive just rebooted, webpages are coming well quick....im going to test it out now... thanks lmartin, lozharrison.